Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Anything is possible but not many DL coaches become DCs

January 11, 2024 04:41AM
JimYoungblood53
RockRam
I think the Rams need to cross their fingers that if Morris is going to go that it happens before some team tries to also poach Henderson, because I think he will be the ideal replacement for Morris.

There are some. A few. Not many.

DCs usually have a background in the secondary or linebackers. Coaches that deal with fronts don't advance in the NFL at the rate of the others. Right now 3-4 came from DL.

Rams would most likely go with a guy who's been a secondary coach/LBer coach ... not saying it can't happen ... like I said there are some ... but most DL coaches don't have playcalling experience, It's too bad ... but only experience he has in in the preseason where there were a few games that Morris had his assistance call plays and I am pretty sure Henderson did that one game

Understood why most DL's coaches do not become DC's very much like many OL Coaches never become OC's, it is usually QB Coach or one of the other position coahces. Also agree that Morris will poached Henderson if he is not promoted to DC, so will be interesting what McVay does, but IMHO, I believe Eric Henderson is one of those rare individuals that would become an excllent DC.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Morris's odds of landing an HC job just increased dramatically

RockRam268January 11, 2024 04:06AM

Anything is possible but not many DL coaches become DCs

JimYoungblood5375January 11, 2024 04:24AM

Re: Anything is possible but not many DL coaches become DCs

den-the-coach53January 11, 2024 04:41AM

If Morris leaves, Ejiro Evero should be the top choice

BigGame81104January 11, 2024 05:07AM

Re: Morris's odds of landing an HC job just increased dramatically

LaDoc106January 11, 2024 05:43AM