Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Morris's odds of landing an HC job just increased dramatically

January 11, 2024 04:06AM
As the HC vacancies have increased dramatically, so have Morris's chances of landing one of those jobs. As much as anything, it's just the math of it.

The Belicheck parting from NE only adds to it, although he might want to take his skills elsewhere as an HC, even though he would be smart to take a year off. The thing that will be the impediment is the level of control he'd probably demand. So, he'd need an owner and a GM that would give him very wide latitude with no interference. That leaves out places like the Chargers and the Jags and the Commanders where the owners seem to always want to insert themselves.

And, I don't think he'd go anywhere if if wasn't a team that was pretty much ready to win....meaning it had a good QB. That leaves out the Titans and Las Vegas.

I think the Rams need to cross their fingers that if Morris is going to go that it happens before some team tries to also poach Henderson, because I think he will be the ideal replacement for Morris.

And then, there's those two 3rd round comp picks if Morris is hired away. That is just huge especially because Snead is so darn good drafting in that round. Not that I want him to go.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Morris's odds of landing an HC job just increased dramatically

RockRam267January 11, 2024 04:06AM

Anything is possible but not many DL coaches become DCs

JimYoungblood5375January 11, 2024 04:24AM

Re: Anything is possible but not many DL coaches become DCs

den-the-coach53January 11, 2024 04:41AM

If Morris leaves, Ejiro Evero should be the top choice

BigGame81103January 11, 2024 05:07AM

Re: Morris's odds of landing an HC job just increased dramatically

LaDoc104January 11, 2024 05:43AM