Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I think you are right

January 11, 2024 05:07AM
And its why I think we have much better than a "fighters chance" to do some great things this weekend.

Take all of the things you said, now put him back on the dusty street outside of his old saloon against the new kid wanting a showdown at high noon.

My visual has Goff dropping to his knees before he gets his gun out of the holster.

RockRam
Stafford is the classic silent gunslinger.
He knows he's really good.
He is an old hand at the game.
Doesn't puff himself up, or denigrate his opponent. He walks softy and carries a big stick.
And there is just something about how he's wired that when the pressure is the greatest and the spotlight the brightest, he kicks it into a higher gear. Hit him in the mouth, and it awakens something in him.
Magic Johnson was like that.

That doesn't mean everything always turns out in his favor. There's 2 teams out there, and 22 guys on the field at any one time, so anything can happen. But the one thing you can count on is that he'll never wilt. No game is too big for him.

I'm have always admired Stafford and no one ought to blame the Rams for going after him when he was available, at most any cost. He's a rare guy, at the most difficult position to play well.

If the Rams lose, it won't be because Stafford melted down. What a wonderful thing for a HC to count on. And McVay knows it and says so at every opportunity.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Matthew Stafford ready to experience whatever reception awaits him in Detroit

BerendsenRam165January 10, 2024 03:58PM

Re: Having Stafford at Detroit is a HUGE ADVANTAGE for the Rams.

oldschoolramfan98January 10, 2024 04:21PM

Re: Having Stafford at Detroit is a HUGE ADVANTAGE for the Rams.

BerendsenRam69January 10, 2024 07:19PM

Stafford thrives on pressure.

RockRam94January 11, 2024 02:01AM

I think you are right

stlramz86January 11, 2024 05:07AM

Like in the movie Tombstone?

Rams4378January 11, 2024 05:41AM

Re: Like in the movie Tombstone?

21Dog62January 11, 2024 05:47AM