Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 17 starters sitting 49ers

January 10, 2024 10:38AM
The whole thing was kind of surreal. It was a game without playoff issues, but the fact that we won kinda matters because it sets us up for a very media focused game, which works for us and against Jared.
In fact, if they beat us, it should portend them going to the super bowl because it's going to take a lot of "coming together under pressure" for them to beat our gunslinging offense brimming with confidence under a media microscope.

The Great

1) The fact that the Rams might actually get some news coverage this week.

2) 4 players with 6 sacks or more, including rookies with 8 and 9 respectively.

3) PUUUUUUKKKAAA.

4) Going for 2. Specifically the pass Wentz made and the contested catch Tutu made.

The Good

5) Wentz first showing is what I expected ... I'd still prefer a gifted youngster, but if Wentz can just be a backup I'll take him.

6) Ronnie Rivers is a tough little dude.

7) Second half shutdown and holding them.

8) Apparently our kicker missing is inspiring to other kickers missing.

9) Davis Allen ... he looks really comfortable. TEs take time to develop, but he's already showing that he's comfortable on the field.

10) Yeast playing solid on the back end. Those pass breakups mattered.

11) The Tyler Johnson TD catch and throw. Nice to see him get reps but also get a meaningful TD on a great catch.

The Bad

12) Dude, why'd we have to run him 17 times?

13) Getting kinda plowed the first half wasn't so fun.

14) Wentz is a thrower. Not a passer. Not a compliment, but it will work out sometimes and not others.

The Ugly

15) More guys getting deep. wth?

16) Do I have to mention it? 16 misses in a season? 5 of them EXP?

College

17) Mostly now I'm watching to see surprise declarations and surprise returns. Brian Thomas 3rd is coming out, that's good for us.

18) Title game was better than the score indicated, but it did show that if you beat Penix up, he misses what he usually hits. Great game by the UM defense, I still want Sainrstil.

19) Now I'm going back for teams I haven't seen much of assuming I have a decent game recorded.

20) Maiava transferred to USC? He's potent.

21) Fifita and McMillan on UA are a great story. I hope they stay together. Teammates since 8th grade ... played Madden together in high school to develop new route concepts against specific defenses ... committed to the same Uni without telling each other because they didn't want to influence each other. Just a good story completed by the fact that they are really really talented kids. UA has a shot at the playoff next year, they're good.

22) Transfer Portal stuff is making the game kinda crazy, but it also tells you more about a player than you'd get otherwise. Q Judkins is leaving a team that is shooting for a championship because rather than the 750k he was going to get, he wanted 1.5 mil. Blech. Dude is a first rounder or early second before that. His teammates from what I've hear are not happy. then there's Trevor Etienne, transferring specifically to a rival and national champion hopeful from UF to UGA. That for me is more of a statement about UF. Just interesting. Some stuff needs to be cleaned up obviously, but it's giving us an interesting window into the players' minds we didn't have before.

Questions and comments welcome ...

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 17 starters sitting 49ers

alyoshamucci290January 10, 2024 10:38AM

“Wentz is a thrower. Not a passer.” What does that mean?

Rambone82January 11, 2024 08:33AM

That's my question also

NewMexicoRam85January 11, 2024 08:44AM

Re: “Wentz is a thrower. Not a passer.” What does that mean?

alyoshamucci135January 11, 2024 08:50AM

Very bad deep thrower

Hazlet Hacksaw79January 11, 2024 11:20AM