Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: My guess on score today

January 07, 2024 09:34AM
kw13
I'm assuming McVay will be doing a little talking into his ear like he used to do with Goff.

Don't make it sound odd that McVay was in Goff's ear during the game. He does the same thing with Stafford, and any OC that isn't taking full advantage of the opportunity to talk to his QB until the radio cuts out is doing his team a disservice.

This from Rodrigue's Jan 4 article in The Athletic:

Then there’s the 60 minutes Stafford spends in the headset with McVay and the coaching staff during games each week. Stafford can’t respond to the streams of information he receives. The voices in his head diagnosing the defense, the call sheet and the dozen-plus-word play calls — he receives two in case he needs to check into the second option — and the voices in the stadium collide in a dizzying, audible tug-of-war.

In this madness, Stafford still has a flair that his teammates absorb. “In the huddle you get his little one-liners that he throws in there,” said Kupp, laughing. “Sean keeps talking in his ear, calling the play, and (Stafford) is like, ‘I’d give you guys a play, but Sean’s still talking right now.'"

AlbaNY_Ram

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2024 09:37AM by AlbaNY_Ram.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My guess on score today

kw13120January 07, 2024 07:46AM

Re: It's a Win/Win.

oldschoolramfan42January 07, 2024 09:09AM

Re: My guess on score today

AlbaNY_Ram48January 07, 2024 09:34AM