Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Ranking Rams’ potential 1st round matchups, from easiest to toughest…

January 03, 2024 06:02AM
Were I ranking the match-up from "easiest" to "toughest," it'd be:

1) Detroit: Though the Lions are a very good team that's had a good season, they're still young and don't possess a lot of playoff experience outside of Goff (who is just as likely to melt under the spotlight than shine). I could easily see them making some of the mistakes the 2017 Rams did in their WC match-up against the Falcons. 50/50 shot.

2) Dallas: Both teams are different from their match-up earlier in the season where I think the Rams played their worst ball of the year. Though the Cowboy D played the run well against the Lions recently, they've shown some vulnerability in that area. The Rams, OTOH, have begun to emerge with their rushing attack. Whereas we don't know how the Lions will react to the pressure of the playoffs, we've seen Dak and the Cowboys pucker up. A little less than 50/50 shot at winning.

3) Philly: I don't care how the original author believes the Eagles are playing right now...they are a bad match-up for the Rams. They still have a solid defense and I don't think our defense is disciplined enough to keep Hurts in the pocket or stop all of these late-season secondary busts for explosives. Don't like our chances at all.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ranking Rams’ potential 1st round matchups, from easiest to toughest…

Rams43191January 03, 2024 05:25AM

Re: Ranking Rams’ potential 1st round matchups, from easiest to toughest…

ramBRO72January 03, 2024 06:02AM

It's playoffs - you have to play the best teams. Pointless speculation.

promomasterj61January 03, 2024 08:55AM

Yep. Hard to imagine that McVay is trying to choose his opponent

RockRam50January 03, 2024 09:55AM

PFFFT!!!!! Bring ANY of them on!!!

Ramgator33January 03, 2024 12:08PM