Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 16, Giants, playoff clincher.

January 01, 2024 09:43AM
Maybe the ugliest win I've ever seen. But not only do those count, it's a guarantee that you need to win one of those to make any kind of run.

Here's to the playoffs. Here's to another winning season for McVay. Here's to our rookies getting to play in the postseason as ROI for their hard work.

The Great

1) The Uprights ... just played amazing D today.

2) Kyren with the freaking hat trick. Kid belongs in the pro bowl.

3) Puka ... 1400 yards and 100 catches as a rookie in 16 games.

4) Not needing to win next week.

5) I feel like they're counting sacks differently than I am, I had Kobie with 2.5 ... 9 on the year. But I guess 1.5? Still. He and Young are ... priceless. Hard working talent that turns into production. Byron Young was drafted right around where we drafted Terrell Lewis.

6) Barkley with 2 ypc.

The Good

7) Demarcus Robinson being an asset. Our talent assessment is on point.

8) Noteboom being able to slide in on the right or left in a pinch for a game during the year.

9) Higbee seems to be moving better and catching more confidently, have to assume he was experiencing numbness form stingers earlier in the year.

10) D Johnson and Jonah W making plays.

11) Force. Defense is hitting with force.

The Bad

12) I can feel Kupp in pain. He definitely gets the week off next week.

13) Goodness, a 50 yard scramble? I mean, Tyrod is good and worth pursuing in the offseason, but c'mon man.

14) Gotta call out the bad throws ... he didn't get away with them today.

15) It was a good punch out by Jackson, but would really rather that had not happened.

16) Do we know why we were missing our OLT?

The Ugly

17) Can't miss kicks like that. I have no idea what to do, but it seems like they don't either and that's kinda scary. There's a good kicker at Miami of Ohio and McVay went there so I figure he's eyeballing him.

18) How can we be giving up 3 deep balls a game?

19) Another PR TD? Where's the Baldwin Glengarry Glen Ross speech, now?

College

20) I'm taking Washington and Michigan.

21) Tanner Mordecai as a backup, anyone? Likely a 6th or 7th rounder.

22) I will now respond on Jaxson Dart from being asked earlier in the year ... I think, based on what I saw this bowl game, that he goes top 10 next year regardless of what McCarthy, Sanders, or Ewers do this year. For me a lot has to do with chemistry and accuracy "once we get into the top tier" ... and his placement has been polished more and more during the year. Given what I'm seeing with who is going back, they're taking a shot at the title next year. Brought in 2 DEs with 2nd round grades on them for THIS draft .. Tre Harris looks like he's going back (also a top 50 pick this year) and Quinshon Judkins isn't eligible until next year (in this draft he'd be a first rounder IMO)

23) More and more thinking we do our standard trade down ... pick up a 3rd.

24) WR is looking like a real possibility early. Kupp is playing in pain and we need to stretch the field. There is a LOT of talent at the position. Lots of WR1 and 2 types. Also, not sure how fast some guys are, like Pearsall of UF, and Burton on Bama. But as of right now I'd take Brian Thomas Jr. of LSU late round 1 early round 2 ...

25) DTs from Nebraska, Kentucky, USC, UF, Cinci, TCU and more next year are going to make it a freakish class. Not that we need it.

26) I still feel like we could land a mean TE in the 5th or later. Same with RB.

Questions and comments welcome, let me know if I missed anything

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 16, Giants, playoff clincher.

alyoshamucci316January 01, 2024 09:43AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 16, Giants, playoff clincher.

CROMWELL2190January 01, 2024 09:52AM

Re: yup

AlbaNY_Ram72January 01, 2024 10:19AM

Still think we need a LT

Ridgewood Ram84January 01, 2024 10:08AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 16, Giants, playoff clincher.

RamsDynasty83January 01, 2024 10:10AM

Returners ...

alyoshamucci74January 01, 2024 10:47AM

On Michigan vs. Bama re: TCU last year.

alyoshamucci86January 01, 2024 11:00AM

the scramble

21Dog72January 01, 2024 10:15AM

Re: Freaking laughing at #1, and thank you for concurrence on WR

leafnose85January 01, 2024 10:19AM

had had 2.5 ,,, they changed it after the game, during the game

JimYoungblood5394January 01, 2024 10:50AM

Re: had had 2.5 ,,, they changed it after the game, during the game