Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams are in good hands…

December 06, 2023 03:45AM
Randy Mueller likes our chances. Mostly because of McVay. Maybe this unbiased viewpoint will help those who say they are done with McVay.

From Mueller:
“I know what the most impressive part of this Rams team is. I’m just not sure how they are doing it.

Being 6-6 is one thing, but producing the other numbers above, with marginal talent in several position groups, is hard to square. This tells me they have been winning the games they should and minimizing mistakes on both sides of the ball. The Rams have been steady and without glaring mistakes. They don’t drop the ball, they don’t take sacks and they are very good in the red zone.

It’s always been said that more teams screw up games and lose than go out, dominate and win. The Rams and Sean McVay are an example of this. He is young, he is innovative and he can teach. That’s pretty good criteria for a coach in 2023. Their efficiency reflects a well-coached team that allows players to understand what’s being asked yet still play fast, not overloading them with too much thinking. That is a fine line that some teams struggle to maintain. I always feel it’s not about what a coach knows, but rather what a coach can teach a player and he can put to use.

I like the Rams to make the playoffs if they can keep Matthew Stafford upright. It’s as simple as that. They, like many, have to solve for their QB of the future, but they have an identity with an uptick in their run game that could benefit them for future years.

They flew the flag of picks not mattering, but they have actually done a good job in the draft, and I like the out-of-the-box approaches that GM Les Snead has adopted. They are in good hands for the long haul.”

BTW, he likes GB and us to make the playoffs. I totally agree.

~ max ~
“The consciousness of good intentions disdains ambiguity.” - Alexander Hamilton

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2023 03:47AM by max.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams are in good hands…

max250December 06, 2023 03:45AM

one small correction

LMU9386December 06, 2023 04:48AM

Re: one small correction

max69December 06, 2023 05:29AM

Re: Rams are in good hands…

cool_hand_luke92December 06, 2023 05:05AM

Re: Rams are in good hands…

max66December 06, 2023 05:26AM

Re: link