Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I seem to recall...

November 25, 2023 12:35PM
... several games ago, against a team with a strong defense, calling for a gamepln that included running Freeman erly and often - not giving up on the run after three predictably short carries, but sticking with it, and watching the carries against softened DT's and linebackers get progressively longer and utilizing pass action to buy more QB time to set up in the passing game.

Then, I suggested, about midway through the third quarter or so, inserting Williams on fresh legs to accelerate through those softened hoiles, and continue pass action.

I again suggested it when we played the Packers - who could be run against, and with a suspect QB who needed all the tools at his disposal that he could get to manage the game effectively.

Didn't get it either time.

Next, this writer says, "The Cardinals cannot anticipate the Rams tapping Royce Freeman to run the football, which is exactly why the Rams should do so."

And now, for this fan, the doublethink gear kicks in: Will McVay, having thought of such a thing all by himself, abandon the plan now that the writer has tipped off the other team, and go to using Williams almost exclusively, abandoning play-action and the jet sweep, and passing from an empty backfield set on running downs just to fool the other side????????????

I'd say get your popcorn except for one thing:

My popcorn is getting stale.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

How can the LA Rams mix the rushing of Kyren Williams and Royce Freeman most effectively?

BerendsenRam86November 25, 2023 09:05AM

mtramfan38November 25, 2023 12:35PM

BerendsenRam25November 25, 2023 01:27PM