Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: How do you generate a development plan......

November 06, 2023 05:19AM
roman18

<snipped>

If they continue on a losing steak how does that help in further development of these young 2nd year guys as well rookies? Losing games means that poor play is taking place, poor scheme is being chosen, poor execution is being done.....IMO losing stunts growth.

Obviously, everyone wants to win...and win now.

But I reject the notion that it's absence means that development isn't taking place; or that growth is being stunted; or, that there's a lack of good coaching.

For some players (particularly those drafted late - if draftedbat all), the type of coaching they receive or the amount of effort they put into their respective game, will not make them good players (e.g. Troy Reeder-types). They're maybe good enough for ST's. But when forced to contribute on the other units, their games get exposed.

But then there are other players (i.e. those selected in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds) who can most definitely benefit from coaching and live reps in meaningful games. Kobi Turner needs to play. Byron Young needs to play. And though some may not like to hear it...Derion Kendrick needs to play.

The flip side is that progress for most is rarely linear. For every step forward, there may be two that are taken back. The coaches know this and, to a certain extent, accept this as the price for evaluation.

And I think that this is what we're currently seeing (and can expect to see for the rest of the year). But it doesn't mean that just because they might lose, some type of losing culture will set in.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

How do you generate a development plan......

roman18165November 06, 2023 04:37AM

sfbayram50November 06, 2023 05:15AM

ramBRO62November 06, 2023 05:19AM

I agree that losing doesn't bring.....

roman1830November 06, 2023 07:12AM

+1 and......

Arkansas Ram35November 06, 2023 07:41AM