Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rams defense not going to stop the run

November 05, 2023 07:43AM
With Rypien we can run the ball and throw short and sharp to beat the Packers D. Screens and jet sweeps and play-action and trick plays mixed together will unsettle the loaded box up front.

However: I'll be nail-biting on both hands for two things: One: What will McVay do with the O? Somehow he has been giving the offense a chance to lose in in all but one ofthe games we lost. Two: What will the D do without Jones in the middle? I've read some stuff recently dissing him, saying he's not another Bobby Wagner or London Fletcher. He's too this or lacks that. He's not All-Pro this year maybe, but he's a plenty-good hardnosed and smart inside backer who's more valuable than his detractors might think.

I'm not buying their dissing Jones.. He's one of the best tacklers on the D and picked up a lot of savvy in his time beside Bobby Wagner. He's good enough as a football guy and team leader to call the D sets. It's more than his play per se that will be missed.

Will Rozeboom be ready to take on some of the load? Who else? How many points willt the Pack score and how long will they be on the field aqgainst a D that could get real tired by late 4th, when the outcome could be a one score swing?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Matthew Stafford unlikely to play vs. Packers, Puka Nacua expected to be active

BerendsenRam91November 05, 2023 06:34AM

I actually think this is a GOOD thing. It will give Stafford time to REALLY heal..

Ramgator37November 05, 2023 06:49AM

Re: I actually think this is a GOOD thing. It will give Stafford time to REALLY heal..

21Dog37November 05, 2023 06:56AM

Re: I actually think this is a GOOD thing. It will give Stafford time to REALLY heal..

CarolinaRam40November 05, 2023 06:56AM

Rams defense not going to stop the run

BigGame8148November 05, 2023 06:58AM

Re: Rams defense not going to stop the run

mtramfan34November 05, 2023 07:43AM