Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is that what they are doing with those "shoulder shots"?

October 29, 2023 06:54AM
Leoram
Well, the Rams tackle aggressively to get turnovers (often to their detriment going for kill shots with a shoulder only to see the ball carrier bounce off for 20 more yards) but the luck factor so far has gone to the other side. It should statistically normalize if they continue playing this style.

But I do recognize what you guys are saying, ths pass rush is insufficient

To me it looked more like sloppy "arm tackling" than trying to deliver a "kill shot" with their shoulder. I haven't seen a "kill shot" by a Rams player since Nick Scott laid out Dweebo Samuels and we promptly got rid of him after that! lol

I'm not willing to give them any "credit" for those arm tackles. IMO, we are the picture example of how "not" to tackle someone. It's bad tackling, plain and simple.

We look like a team who isn't "taught" to play aggressive on defense. I don't think physicality is a requirement in our defensive scheme and hasn't been for some time now.

The way to cause turnovers is by multiple players attacking the ball carrier. The first guy holds him up while the second and third guy go for the ball.

How often do we only see one or two guys making the tackle while others are just standing there watching? What ever happened to "swarming to the ball"?

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2023 07:02AM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

WHERE are the turn overs??

Ramgator135October 28, 2023 04:13PM

There still looking for them lol !

BerendsenRam46October 28, 2023 04:23PM

Re: There still looking for them lol !

Classicalwit30October 29, 2023 04:17AM

hard to remember the last time.....

21Dog34October 29, 2023 05:32AM

Re: hard to remember the last time.....

Leoram36October 29, 2023 06:44AM

Is that what they are doing with those "shoulder shots"?

Ramsdude30October 29, 2023 06:54AM

I was referencing the lack of INTs.......

21Dog28October 29, 2023 07:04AM