Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: All that, and he's still a step up from Boom......

October 24, 2023 06:14AM
roman18
IMO he's adequate, in most instances you can win with him. IMO there are a few other things that could be done that would lessen his issues at times. As Speed says, I too think that he and Shelton can be upgraded next season. All that said I think we finally have a line that for the most part can actually dictate things, if coach is willing to go that route.

There is no question McVay has worked for years now to make the OLine more multiple in scheme PRIMARILY to diversify the running game. It amazes me still that Todd Gurley dominated the NFL with Sean as his coach and people still think McVay doesn't value the run game. Then he stubbornly call's running plays that never worked at all in the Super Bowl but somehow won on the Stafford/Kupp connection BECAUSE IT WAS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED that day after Odell was lost. Finally, McVay recently opened a game with several runs but he still carries the reputation.

There are times even running teams are forced to become passing teams. They usually don't fare well doing so. Passing teams struggle gaining enough power in short yardage and red zone situations to extend drives, control the clock, and punch in touchdowns. Few teams are equally proficient (Dolphins, Eagles, Niners, maybe Ravens). I absolutely believe Sean is doing everything he can to make the running game more consistently effective. Frankly, I feel the running game has improved while the passing game has become less consistent with Kupp's integration. Oh my yes, they have amazing splash plays. Unfortunately, they also suffer drive killing errors, drops, penalties, turnovers, and bad routes. By the way, there have been some significant difference makers on the other side of the ball as well since the Rams have played some of the best defenses in the league. Given the scope of the changes, I see real development that is building something truly remarkable. It may not be as remarkable as Miami, but I believe it can be darned close in the playoffs if the OLine continues it's trajectory.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams PFF grades: Best and worst performers vs. Steelers in Week 7

BerendsenRam212October 23, 2023 09:44AM

PFF grades confirm Rams defense had a rough day against Steelers

BerendsenRam69October 23, 2023 09:54AM

Re: PFF grades confirm Rams defense had a rough day against Steelers

mtramfan53October 23, 2023 10:46AM

Alaric Jackson

ramBRO142October 23, 2023 09:56AM

Re: Alaric Jackson

BerendsenRam91October 23, 2023 10:12AM

is a problem

Speed_Kills99October 23, 2023 10:24AM

Re: Alaric Jackson

Classicalwit67October 23, 2023 05:47PM

All that, and he's still a step up from Boom......

roman1855October 24, 2023 05:38AM

Re: All that, and he's still a step up from Boom......

Leoram35October 24, 2023 06:14AM

One major difference of many that wins the game

max87October 23, 2023 10:34AM