Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Some Ram rookies: Some Vets

October 22, 2023 07:46AM
There may a reason that the rotation had Royce first in line in drills
He's like a 4th or 5th year guy. I'm not high on him as a talent, but there's an inkling that the staff might trust him ahead of Evans.
Perhaps they feel he needs the most work between the ears, and testing the kid as a key in rotation.

The "effort" that Evans has been credited with didn't seem to impress McVay. His remarks didn't suggest that he had earned his way into "situational" downs. The down and distance snaps. It also didn't track well that Henderson got the nod as being "nuanced." That said, Evans may come in on early downs anyway. Even start.
Sean did say that Evans opportunity in clean up time isn't the same as obvious run downs, but with Sean is there ever an obvious run down that isn't 2nd and 2?

For me, Henderson is spicy, can block, can catch, and is faster than the other guys,....er I think. Truth of it? How many snaps before he's dinged up? RB is a brutal position

I don't expect to see Gaskins as an "Active" today. He was another one of those astonishingly great RBs in college.

As for Mathis? I prompted some response from Jourdan about his prospects. She didn't bite. I would like to see some rotations for him.

There's some concerns for me about the absence of scheme to seal the wide side of field on run, and short underneath stuff over there. Hoecht is at the LOS. And it seems that he's semi-responsible to fill the gap out wide as well as getting to the QB. And that sure appears to be where they'd line up Mathis, too

In Morris' scheme, I'm unsure of who is suppose to come up and fill out wide there? Ernest Jones had a fine play in the second half against the Cards, I have to believe that there's a clear lack of "fill" in this scheme, and the shell just allows for those plays to be successful. Mathis is a big guy, and going after the QB should be in his wheelhouse.

My desire would be see if John Johnson has any gas left. He's been active. I don't ever see him, except on Specials. He knows what to do. Has he really lost his speed, and power? Perhaps. And, again, there's little use for JJ, if they're playing a shell and there's no one expected to come up and press.

At the end of my diatribe, Mathis getting a handful of snaps sure seems reasonable.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some Ram rookies that I’m dying to see get meaningful snaps…

Rams43251October 22, 2023 04:20AM

agree about Mathis

LMU9364October 22, 2023 04:30AM

Re: agree about Mathis

CROMWELL2170October 22, 2023 04:38AM

Re: agree about Mathis

Rams4344October 22, 2023 06:22AM

Re: Some Ram rookies that I’m dying to see get meaningful snaps…

AlbaNY_Ram59October 22, 2023 04:44AM

Re: Some Ram rookies: Some Vets

leafnose35October 22, 2023 07:46AM

Ram rookies that I’m dying to see get snaps: Sit Kendrick? No

Florida_Ram65October 22, 2023 05:58AM

Re: Ram rookies that I’m dying to see get snaps: Sit Kendrick? No

Rams4357October 22, 2023 06:21AM

Ram rookies that I’m dying to see get snaps: Sit Kendrick? No

Florida_Ram43October 22, 2023 06:36AM

Re: Ram rookies that I’m dying to see get snaps: Sit Kendrick? No

Rams4338October 22, 2023 07:03AM

I agree. Why would we be sitting Kendrick?

Speed_Kills34October 22, 2023 09:09AM

Re: I agree. Why would we be sitting Kendrick?

Rams4325October 22, 2023 10:20AM

he’s the best we’ve got

Speed_Kills32October 22, 2023 02:44PM