Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams Defense a pleasant Surprise

October 17, 2023 04:06AM
Before the season started I thought the offense would be playoff caliber and the defense would have issues.

The defense has been really as good as I could hope for. With young players at just about every position except for AD and Fuller we have been surprisingly stout and shows promise to get better as these young guys get more experience. It's not like we don't have issues on defense but since we are 11th fewest points allowed the results must speak for themselves. I can only imagine what would happen with a more consistent running game where we controlled the ball. There have been times when the defense is just gassed towards the end of the game.

The offense has been a disappointment. RB took a big hit when Akers decide to piss his career away. We really missed Kupp and I am not nuts about the game plan/play calling. Offensive Line has been a bright spot as have the WR group especially Puca. I do worry with Kupp back that we will become more predictable and fail to spread the ball around.

Anyway I had high hopes for the offense but RB was an issue and now it looks like it will be a big issue. If Evans steps up and proves to be a big time player that will change and it will make this draft class even more unbelievable. All we would need is for Bennett to come back and be ready to play.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Rams defense and points allowed...

JoeT13B317October 16, 2023 02:28PM

Re: The Rams defense and points allowed...

ramBRO85October 16, 2023 03:29PM

Thank you, thank you, oh you really shouldn't.....

JamesJM73October 16, 2023 03:53PM

Re: The Rams defense and points allowed...

Old Goat61October 16, 2023 04:07PM

Rams Defense a pleasant Surprise

David Deacon47October 17, 2023 04:06AM