Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few thoughts on this ‘morning after’…

October 16, 2023 04:57AM
Hopefully, McVay has learned his lesson on maintaining a balanced attack. If so, then this O can be downright potent.

‘Fixing’ the running game playcalling might have been the last missing puzzle piece.

Williams is a better back than I was giving him credit for. Hell, much better, tbh. He was a beast in that 2nd half and the entire team fed off of him. I think Rams are onto something with KW. Sure, the blocking was terrific but KW was getting still more on top of that. Very impressive.

Upgrading that OL this offseason and adding size and physicality was brilliant. That, plus the Wendell hire might have been the single biggest and best offseason move. Now all things are possible on O.

Don’t look now, but I think this OL is just gonna keep getting better and better. Many pundits failed to recognize how much Rams upgraded their OL and how important that was. Now look at the egg on their face. Lol.

This last Snead draft is looking better and better these days, huh? Might be an All Timer. Promising rookies everywhere.

The Witherspoon and Dotson signings are looking pretty darned smart, too.

Rams still are weak at one edge and I still consider Kendrick a ticking penalty time bomb but even I have to love the results this week. 9 points allowed? And 3 of those were gifted by that Trammel fumble. Wow! Can you imagine this D after the addition of a quality Edge and solidifying CB next offseason?

So many youngsters are already contributing and there are several others waiting in the wings for their opportunities. Rams future looks bright, especially considering the improved cap situation next year.

ST are looking downright solid lately, don’t you think? Evans and Maher keep improving, Trammel has flashed as a returner (fumble notwithstanding) and coverage units seem to be doing their job.

Bottom line, I now more than ever feel that this Ram team can be a legit wild card playoff candidate. That’s a great feeling in a rebuild year.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few thoughts on this ‘morning after’…

Rams43337October 16, 2023 04:57AM

Re: A few thoughts on this ‘morning after’…Get back to the basics.

oldschoolramfan103October 16, 2023 06:05AM

Re: A few thoughts on this ‘morning after’…Get back to the basics.

303047October 16, 2023 08:00AM

we have been talking about this with McVay forever

Speed_Kills113October 16, 2023 06:15AM

I'm wondering

OzRam87October 16, 2023 06:49AM

could be but

Speed_Kills59October 16, 2023 07:15AM

Re: A few thoughts on this ‘morning after’…

droopy85October 16, 2023 06:56AM

A lot of times a true threat of a running game......

roman1855October 16, 2023 08:04AM

the final 31 minutes were encouraging

LMU9342October 16, 2023 08:49AM