Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Noteboom's injury makes me look back to the 70s/ 80s lack of O line injuries.

October 07, 2023 05:17AM
Seems to me, you hardly ever heard of injuries that kept Players out for chunks of multiple seasons. You guys remember all those Pro Bowls at the end of the season with all those Rams helmets at the LOS?? If you look around, it's not just the Rams. More n more n more, you see O line guys going down. And it's not just knee injuries from being rolled on....stuff that can be expected. Noteboom STAYS hurt. It makes me wonder what his past work out routine has been and that of other O line guys around the NFL. I have said this before.....We all remember former Rams OG, Bill Bain. He was "HUUUUUGE" at just over 300 lbs back in 1983. THESE DAYS, he'd be called waaaay too small. IMO...Players are simply getting too big. The human body, especially joints are NOT conditioned to take such weight training and weight / muscle gain. Oh there are SOME O line guys out there who are genetically exempt but it seems most are just walking injury time bombs...............And all I said prior is BEFORE the contact in Practice and Games.

Just look at last season.......I honestly lost count of how many O line guys we went through. I honestly think the NFL should consider weight windows for certain positions. Just like Boxing does. I'd bet the Farm it would DRASTICALLY drop the number of injuries across the board. ALSO....Bring back JERSEYS and dump the glued on tank tops. That would bring back grab / wrap up tackling and slow down throwing elbows / HEADS at lower extremities.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Noteboom's injury makes me look back to the 70s/ 80s lack of O line injuries.

Ramgator110October 07, 2023 05:17AM

Re: Noteboom's injury makes me look back to the 70s/ 80s lack of O line injuries.

mtramfan36October 07, 2023 07:57AM

I think why I question it is the stories of youngsters WAY too young, hitting weights.

Ramgator27October 07, 2023 08:34AM