Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Did McKeever have a brother and play at USC?

October 03, 2023 05:43PM
Mike and Marlon McKeever. Both drafted by the Rams. Mike at LB and Marlin at TE. Marlin eventually played both LB and TE.

I once saw a game at Kezar Stadium in San Francisco, the worst stadium ever for pro football. The entrance to the stadium was at the upper deck level and the stands were in a bowl carved into the eart with the playing field at the bottom.

The somewhat flat area around Kezar is in contrast to the image of hilly San Francisco; the ground is perpetually moist on top, and the deeper you dig the swampier it gets. Play two high school games on the playing field before tAt midfield from the time the game started, linemen couldn't get dug in.

I was seated in a cheap seat, toward the goal line on the left hand side, Rams ball deep in their own territory. Marlin McKeever is TE, flanked outside of tackle on the left side. Roman Gabriel takes the snap under center, takes a 1-step drop and pivots left. McKeever meantime pivots on his left foot, plants his right, gets into a crouch position, legs well flexed and weight on the balls of his feet, leaning forward from the waist, arms slightly flexed, hands slightly extended. Gabriel fires the ball as if out of a bazooka and it goes through McKeever's hands, hits him in the breadbasket with an audible thump, and knocks him on his ass. McKeever is now in a seated position, arms wrapped around the ball, looking up at Gabriel, who is laughing.

When he gets up I see that McKeever is laughing too.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Russ Francis died

Stafford9221October 03, 2023 01:33PM

I liked Truax......

roman1885October 03, 2023 01:37PM

Did McKeever have a brother and play at USC?

Stafford947October 03, 2023 01:38PM

Yes......

roman1837October 03, 2023 01:46PM

I never saw them play but my father always

Stafford932October 03, 2023 02:40PM

mtramfan42October 03, 2023 05:43PM

Stafford939October 04, 2023 03:13AM

He sure was !

BerendsenRam39October 03, 2023 01:40PM

He was also a Pilot, if I recall. nm

Ramgator26October 03, 2023 02:47PM