Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 4 ... Colts

October 02, 2023 06:49AM
This was the kind of NFL rollercoaster that is simultaneously ridiculous and tense. I don't know how many we have a season but they do weird things in my brain.

In the end, as a note, I think Steichen's time management lost the game for them. Stafford needed time for the pain killer or whatever to kick in ... there was about an hour between the beginning of their last TD drive and our overtime win. But I'm not complaining.

The Great

1) It's just a hip pointer. Whew.

2) Stafford's overall performance.

3) Puka for OROY. 1st in receptions, 2nd in yards.

4) Kyren crosses the century mark and hits paydirt twice for 6 on the year.

5) Donald knocking the rust off (usually takes 3 games or so IIRC)

6) Finding a power ORG.

The Good

7) Run defense. Again.

8) Kobie Turner and Byron Young flashing (and to a lesser extent D Johnson). Nailed the draft guys.

9) Ronnie Rivers not losing a step to Kyren in the run game, maybe not as much in the passing game.

10) Fuller with the strip ...

11) Tutu's hands.

12) Van actually made a catch through contact.

13) Higbee's still got it. I know an extension at his age is kinda nuts, but his blocking earns it. He's skill-even with defensive ends. Given Davis Allen I think will develop I'm taking TE off my needs list for next draft.

14) Trammell's punt returning ... just sign him to the active roster.

15) The last second pass to Kyren in the middle.

The Bad

16) Having to watch Stafford in pain, knowing he couldn't really throw and we needed first downs.

17) Did Kyren get injured on the last drive?

18) I am not a fan of missed FGs. But I am also spoiled.

19) Did THT come in and get a devastating penalty in one snap?

20) Did Davis Allen come in for one snap and get Stafford hit?

21) I do not like comebacks by other teams.

College

22) This is my official Caleb Williams apology post. He's the 1 overall and it's not close. Not sure if I hadn't seen him in the right moments or what, but he looks like Mahomes to me this year and had not previously. How many back to back Heisman's have there been?

23) RB. I am not enamored with this year's class. I feel like we could add a bruiser late and get good value, but there's nothing top end until 2025. Marshawn Lloyd? John Emery? Garwo? Trey Benson? Estime? Maybe someone will break onto the scene, but it would be unlikely I'd think.
Next year ... man. Etienne's little brother, Damien Martinez, Penn State's Duo of Allen and Singleton, Boise state's Jeanty, Judkins ... dang.

24) I think there are going to be a lot of breakout WRs this year. Watching Ole Miss and LSU ... felt like I was scouting 6 WRs. I'm paying attention as things progress ... but Bryan Thomas Jr. on LSU (6-5 210) and Trey Harris the 3rd on Ole Miss (6-2 205) are physical specimens (like Keon Coleman, who was mentioned week 1) and have competent QBs getting them deeply involved. Note ... I have not been a fan of Jayden Daniels until that game. Now I'm adjusting my grading.

25) Looking at Stafford I think he can play 24 and 25. But, this year's crop of QBs will make it possible to draft one late in round 1. Sit him two years and have a more than capable backup? Yes, please. My choice right now is Quinn Ewers. I think he'll be there. Would I take Shed Sanders? I think so, but he'll likely go back to school. I like Riley Leonard as well, but he may go earlier because he's a runner as well. Would I take Penix? I think so also, and he's definitely coming out.
My deep cut is Austin Reed out of WKY. 6-2 220 with a rocket arm. He'll be shooting for the same records Bailey Zappe broke this year, but he's got a serious arm and is a physical runner.

Okay, that's it for this week.

Questions and comments welcome, Im sure I missed some stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2023 06:52AM by alyoshamucci.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 4 ... Colts

alyoshamucci400October 02, 2023 06:49AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 4 ... Colts

LMU93118October 02, 2023 07:07AM

Leoram101October 02, 2023 07:17AM

Donald trade-QB ...

alyoshamucci137October 02, 2023 07:30AM

I'm assuming now we draft around 20.

alyoshamucci128October 02, 2023 07:27AM