Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TexasRam with an outstanding complete game review…

October 02, 2023 01:37AM
Here’s TexasRam…

Ok, just Rewatched the whole game and came away with the following:

Noteboom wasn't as solid as I thought. He gave up at least 6 pressures, one of which he was called for holding.

Stafford under pressure was overall solid, but more then a few times he had his outlet wide open in the flat and didn't see it. Can't knock the guy for what he played through though. Was the ultimate competitor. Just something to work on.

Mcvay more then 3 times went too conservative.

Dotson was really solid, defintie improvement over Boom at RG when you consider what he offers in the run game. His pass blocking was good as well.

Oline was just lights out overall. Seriously beautiful to watch. They got beat on a 5 man pressure. Vilma said it was Sheltons fault but I am not so sure, he had another guy to deal with and the whole thing just really beat our blocking for the sack. Other then that though is was incredibly solid with the exception of Boom's 6 pressures that I counted. It's insane how stout our interior is now and Havenstein is playing at a high level.

Good use of a fresh Rivers at the end. He had solid runs getting us in 2 and 4 and other favorable down and distance.

Kyren and Rivers were excellent in pass pro, picking up the blitz or chipping. Kyren was very good at being elusive and getting yards when the intital hole was closed. He sees the backside lane real well.

Defensively we are pretty stout against the run up the middle. Brown stood out on at least 3 plays. We really can be a tough team to run against up the middle. Those dudes are getting it done. Moss was having a nice season until he ran into our front.

Turner was solid but he did fall down on the one play where Richardson was flushed by Young. Turner lost outside contain and allowed for a critical pass completion scramble. Stay on your feet.

Johnson got in the game as well and made some nice run stops.

Young is definitely going to be a top player soon. His power and speed are elite. Just needs a bit more experience to maximize his talents. But he is obviously already a disruptive force. Really knocked a LT on his ass with pure power and just missed the sack.

We may have forgot but Puka not only ended the game but he started the game with an amazing catch. The one handed, hit the ball to self catch. Then was just dominate throughout the game, grabbing everything and breaking tackles. He plays like he is 6'5 250 out there. Like a TE. His feel for the zone and the way he runs his smooth slower routes makes him a perfect target. He did miss the one block where Stafford got hurt, and also caused that pass interference by pushing off. Some things to clean up.

Durant is still not making plays and getting beat a bit much for my taste. But Kendrick and Witherspoon had another good game. Richardson is not exactly a seasoned NFL passer and the Colts WR's are not world beaters, so that should be considered. Next weeks WR group will be quite a test.

Fuller, I don't know man. I would rather see JJ in there. Fuller can respond a bit slow. Like a few plays around the goaline. The 3rd down TD to the TE for example.

I thought the Colts coach called some really good offensive plays and overall beat Raheem on the X's and 0s front. Lots of WR's uncovered around the goaline when we needed a stop and Richarsons TD runs should have never been so uncontested. But overall I though Raheem had a decent game plan to contain Richardson and make him beat us with throws, which he couldnt do at the end of the day. Mostly because his timing isn't quite there yet with his WR's. Otherwise you could definitely see his potential. He is really poised in the pocket and can make some NFL throws.

Let's give Hoecht credit for a critical tip. He does seem to make a few plays each game. But, otherwise he needs to be in a backup role.

Yeast reminds me alot of Kendrick. They both can be sticky at times on the WR's and offer some physicality that can influence the game. But they are both hotheads at times and can force some penalties that really hurt.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

TexasRam with an outstanding complete game review…

Rams43258October 02, 2023 01:37AM

A little more TexasRam…

Rams43112October 02, 2023 01:47AM

the started to help Boom because he was struggling

Speed_Kills45October 02, 2023 06:53AM

Re: TexasRam with an outstanding complete game review…

cool_hand_luke81October 02, 2023 03:26AM

agree on Fuller

21Dog70October 02, 2023 05:00AM