Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Let’s talk about what personnel moves Rams might be planning…

September 26, 2023 06:38AM
Just to get off the McVay bashing we’ve been doing since last night, you know?

Here’s my current thinking.

Rams might need to take a RG fairly high in next draft. Boom just can’t stay healthy and he’s not a great run blocker on his best day, anyway. Heck, I halfway expect Boom and his salary to be moved next offseason. Anchrum, Bruss, and all others just don’t seem good enough. An Avila type would do wonders for our OL.

I expect Rams to draft a promising RB next year at some point. This will be an every year strategy until further notice, I believe. But next draft is a particularly good draft for a RB that could really contribute, I’m told.

Edge has gotta be the very highest priority next year other than possibly QB. Rams will never reach elite status on D again until another edge has been brought in. Could be a FA, btw, since Rams will have lots of available cap dollars to invest.

Surely Morris will start Tomlinson at some point this year, right? Right?

Somehow, some way McVay has got to remember that he has some promising TE’s on his roster. He’s gotta start using them in his game planning, both in 12 sets for the run game and as out right weapons themselves, dammit. Otherwise, he’s practically tying one hand behind his own back with regard to his Offensive options. Why does he have a blind spot on this subject? It always mystifies me.

Only one more game with Jefferson as a starter, I hope. And that’s one too many.

I think McVay should seriously consider turn over playcalling duties to his OC. Or at least listen to his OC when he goes into that tunnel vision pass happy mode every so often. A 6th grader could do a better job when that happens. Gawd!

That’s not a long list, is it? Some don’t even require new personnel being brought in, just needs insider tweaks. Others can be addressed next offseason when Rams have a full draft and plenty of cap dollars for FA’s and/or trades.

I think 2024 could be a banner year for Rams if Snead plays his cards right and McVay gets his head out of his backside in a couple of areas.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Let’s talk about what personnel moves Rams might be planning…

Rams43138September 26, 2023 06:38AM

Re: Let’s talk about what personnel moves Rams might be planning…

Old Goat45September 26, 2023 07:22AM