Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Athletic: Jourdan's Column from Game

September 26, 2023 03:00AM
I like that she was clearly critical of Coach.

She's allowed only a couple of questions, so she centered on the OL, Running game.

It always a coach taking responsibility, and he does, but also makes some cryptic comments that make me wonder.
A comment from a poster on the Athletic board asks about the decision to punt on 4th down with 6 minutes to play.

I, too, thought the time had come for the offense to take their last gasp shot with a 4th down "go for it.:"

Most of all, the decision to pass after the Tutu NY review went south was awful.
Second only to that was the carom shot off the DL that went to the Bengal LB.

After a beautiful (it was a stunning bomb) pass to Van Jefferson. RUN THE BALL. An open outlet to K. Williams on the right side so available, and Matt is trying to sizzle the ball over the middle to Puka.

2 frustrating playcalls that McVay's calls to aggravate.

"Sometimes you have sequences where you are trying to call a run, and they’ll give you a structure that enables you to get into different plays"
Yeah, whatever Sean. Even the broadcast team for ESPN said you're not trusting the running game.

Always suspicious when the Coach keeps using the term "Collectively" Coach speak I interpret as his QB made some decisions that were bad.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Athletic: Jourdan's Column from Game

leafnose255September 26, 2023 02:54AM

leafnose95September 26, 2023 03:00AM

Old Goat92September 26, 2023 03:08AM

40 to 12 pass/run ratio

LMU9372September 26, 2023 03:51AM

Re: 40 to 12 pass/run ratio

Ohiorams61September 26, 2023 04:04AM