Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oldnotdead seems to be a big coach Wendy fan…

September 23, 2023 06:16AM
Here’s Oldnotdead…

The OL play this year is a reflection of just how good of a coach Wendell is. He has made a HUGE difference. Their overall technique is good and they play with aggression. There is a photo on the Ram's website of Shelton taking on Kinlaw, Noteboom on Jackson and Avila singled up on Hargrave with Stafford going through his progressions. Goddamn that's a great shot, and it just shows how this OL went against one of the best DLs in the NFL and man for man handled them.

Avila is a true stud. Shelton is underrated. Noteboom the object of derision by many is proving his worth and validating McVay's confidence in him. OL's need to win inside out and the Rams have the guys to do it. The way Noteboom is playing IMO he's their RG going forward. I can see Thomas at RT next year and have no problem with that. He showed good feet, i.e. movement skills, when he was at LG. I watched him at SDSU and was impressed with his athleticism. Jackson is growing into that LT position and has been absolutely solid.

This is an OL that can win championships. No more hand wringing over an incompetent OL. They could become one of the best in the league. They simply need to improve their run blocking.

This season is validating my feelings about it being won or lost by the coaches. In Wendell's case, it's a clear unambiguous win. This OL is coming together much faster than I thought it would. Stafford knows he's going to have time to make those throws. The fact he was able to hit Atwell deep on so many plays is testimony to how well he's being protected. When Kupp returns this offense will terrorize defenses. Teams will have to play a base dime and then the run game will really begin to click.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Oldnotdead seems to be a big coach Wendy fan…

Rams43159September 23, 2023 06:16AM

Agreed that the new coach

OzRam75September 23, 2023 07:28AM