Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So, I see 3 ‘weak links’ on Rams team that need to be plugged…

September 23, 2023 05:34AM
Van Jefferson is simply not pulling his weight. Nacua and Atwell have picked up the slack beautifully but I do believe that Rams O would benefit from some combo of Robinson, Skow, or Trammel instead of VJ until Kupp’s return. Once Kupp is back I think VJ’s fate is sealed as a 4th WR to be allowed to walk next offseason. Problem solved. I would make this move as soon as the Bengal game. Seriously.

Derion Kendrick is the weakest link on our D and every team is gonna attack him without mercy until further notice.. He is a penalty machine and his tackling leaves much to be desired. How he starts ahead of Tomlinson is beyond me. Tomlinson is a rookie, yeah, and has made a few penalty causing moves himself , but damn, is he ever sticky in coverage even against bigger and elite WR’s. Plus he is a willing tackler. He is the future so I advocate letting him get his needed experience now in the early part of our promising season while everybody is gelling so that he will be effective in a potential playoff run. I consider him a draft steal so let’s take full advantage now. This change should occur immediately.

Michael Hoecht is a very likable fellow, one that’s easy to root for. But he seems miscast as OLB. A square peg in a round hole situation. Snead would be well advised to try to bring in a journeyman vet of some kind. Even a 3rd tier vet would be an upgrade. A permanent solution will have to wait until next offseason, I’m afraid. But Hoecht is currently our 2nd biggest weak link on D and will be attacked accordingly until some adjustment is made.

If these 3 positions could be improved then I think Rams could become a legit playoff threat in this, our ‘rebuild’ year. A very impressive thing, indeed.

Thoughts?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So, I see 3 ‘weak links’ on Rams team that need to be plugged…

Rams43246September 23, 2023 05:34AM

still comes down to Edge rushing

LMU9382September 23, 2023 05:55AM

They Need to add a guy on the edge.

den-the-coach97September 23, 2023 06:02AM

Re: They Need to add a guy on the edge.

SoCalRAMatic69September 23, 2023 07:24AM

Re: They Need to add a guy on the edge.

Killrazor51September 23, 2023 09:58PM