Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: According to a source...

September 19, 2023 09:40AM
... the guy stqnding to the left, as these guys staanding in a circle, passing notes or whispering in the ear of the guy to their right?

Sounds more like fabricated rumors than a hot bidding war to me; there could be some substance to it, via a deliberate leak from the Rams or more likely, Cam's agent, or simply some not-so-wild guesses that could pan out.

Whatever - I hope this murky situation resolves quickly for the Rams and that Cam learns from it. His recent "Gee, I don't get it," statement, unfortunately, doesn't reveal a lot of personal growth. I'm not surprised, but again disappointed.

Meanwhile, I'm curious to see what the coaches do with Dotson and Freeman, and whether the potential on college tape can materialize for Evans as a power runner. Ball security can be taught and learned. If that's his bugaboo now it can be fixed. Tom Coughlin fixed it with Tiki Barbour, Vince Lombardi fixed it with Paul Hornung.

Our RB room is a work in progress, and I think McVay/Snead read the tea leaves and planned either for Akers to shape up, or for other players on the roster to step up. Williams has. He'll remember and learn from his costly drop - he's still a good receiver coming out of the backfield. Stafford still has confidence in him, and that confidence is a confidence-builder for the young player. His pass pro is superb. Ask Bobby Wagner.

He lacks breakaway speed and won't get you a thirty, but he has good vision for the opening (which Akers lacked) and will slip through whatever crease is there and keep runnin his legs for extra yards and get you five 6's instead.

Freeman won't get you that breakaway thirty either, but is good for ten 3's when you need them.

McVay can figure out what to do with what he has.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Report: Browns, Raiders among teams showing interest in Cam Akers trade

BerendsenRam312September 19, 2023 08:08AM

Cam Akers is generating interest from several teams according to report

BerendsenRam99September 19, 2023 08:21AM

Good. Supply and demand in play.

NewMexicoRam84September 19, 2023 09:35AM

It sure is Brother !

BerendsenRam52September 19, 2023 10:20AM

Re: According to a source...

mtramfan112September 19, 2023 09:40AM

My guess is he garners NO compensation

stlramz92September 19, 2023 10:08AM

With your feet to the fire would you say....

JamesJM97September 19, 2023 10:30AM

Browns Definitely Considering Cam Akers as Replacement For Nick Chubb, per report

BerendsenRam116September 19, 2023 10:58AM

Pass or pursue: NFL Rumors are heating up over LA Rams trading Cam Akers to multiple NFL teams

BerendsenRam60September 19, 2023 11:04AM