Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I thought we could win but ...a few major concerns

September 17, 2023 03:36PM
BumRap

<snipped>

1. The Cam Akers sham is ridiculous- he is doing all the right the right things, right? Big fat lie. We had all off season to fix but instead we just lied thru it and hoped for better.

I agree. Not sure how McVay continues to botch this situation. If he doesn't like Akers (or his effort), he should cut him outright. Why was he (Akers) allowed to take up valuable reps during OTA's and training camp?

2. VJ is a total bust for us.

Not sure if he's a bust, but VJ is CLEARLY a complimentary player who needs a solid WR1 and WR2 so he can perform his one trick (i.e. getting deep when the defense is concentrating on others).

3. Bryce Hopkins, looks like another lie has been told and regurgitated all year for us.

4. Higbee does not look healthy or explosive and Still waiting for him to be a serious factor at this point of his career.

I think it really tough to evaluate the TE's (and their explosiveness...or lack thereof) when we play the 49'ers because their too busy helping out the OL against the 9'er DL and LB'ers.

5. For all the effort of our Young DL we absolutely needed to bring in a real legit Pass rusher.

I mean...it is what it is. I don't see the team making any major moves to acquire a pass-rusher this year as it seems clear that they want to see what they've got with their current unit.

6. Noteboom, hurt again. Time to cut bait. We cut Bruss didn't we?

I think that Bruss was re-signed to the PS. But I don't believe that he's ready to play. I'll be interested to see if this is Dotson's opportunity. He's been with us now for 4 weeks. It's hard for me to imagine that we'd give up draft slotting for depth...when we already have depth (i.e. Anchrum).

Some of my concers:

1) I know that he likes it, but I think that we're placing Stafford in too many high-leverage situations. Way too many 3rd and long situations that will lead to more TO's.

2) Another poster indicated their dismay at Morris' "prevent" defense at the end of the 2nd half. I've gone ahead and re-watched that series as I agree that it was critical. While it def wasn't prevent defense, we didn't put pressure on Purdy either.

Whether it's personnel or scheme (likely both), it's taking FOREVER for unblocked defenders being sent to get to the QB. Gonna either need to get a LB or S who can get home or send a 2nd blitzer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2023 03:40PM by ramBRO.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I thought we could win but ...a few major concerns

BumRap215September 17, 2023 03:00PM

Hopkins.......

21Dog96September 17, 2023 03:10PM

Re: Hopkins.......McVay claims he is making best decisions...

BumRap67September 17, 2023 03:25PM

It's more than one thing, true....

JamesJM59September 17, 2023 03:22PM

Re: It's more than one thing, true....Morris, deserves a Pass rusher

BumRap59September 17, 2023 03:29PM

Rams were not spending money period this year

Hazlet Hacksaw49September 17, 2023 03:27PM

If that holds are we looking for a projection of 5 to 6 wins

BumRap49September 17, 2023 03:32PM

Re: I thought we could win but ...a few major concerns

ramBRO51September 17, 2023 03:36PM