Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Metcalf's fine

September 16, 2023 12:25PM
They got him for $20.

Two separate fines two separate violations committed on same play. Carrol manned up afterward by not trying to defend Metcalf's behavior and saying they'd talk.

Shanny, by contrast, played the "Help me to understand" card in '20 when confronted with a player's egregious behavior - slick but feeble attempt at blame-shafting, as if the rule is the problem. Sometimes it is, Shanny, but when the violation is in-your-face, it isn't the rule's fault.

AJ's fine? OK... pretty obvious.

AD's fine for hitting the QB? Guess I didn't see it - was he flagged?

Was the league sending a message last week? If so I hope so - it's about time.

That said, they'll get the enforcement uneven and wrong, but still... if they're serious about reducing injuries to key players from cheap and dirty shots, with the unintended consequence that clean, hard-hitting football takes an occasional perplexing or uneven call, so be it.

Lenoir picked one up last week as well - we'll see if the 49ers whoa down their cheap and dirty stuff tomorrow. I hope they do whoa it down, but don't expect it. The habits are too ingrained.

In any event, I hope our guys are ready - and win or lose, that they stay well-disciplined, play real hard from snap to whistle every play, and leave it all on the field.

An afterthought: maybe Tomlinson's face mask was part of the reason he mostly sat out the Seattle game.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Fines for Donald, Jackson and Metcalf

CROMWELL21382September 16, 2023 11:10AM

What a crack of Sh^&.....

roman1896September 16, 2023 11:45AM

Re: Metcalf's fine

mtramfan78September 16, 2023 12:25PM

Re: Fines for Donald, Jackson and Metcalf

JYB68September 16, 2023 12:35PM

Total BS...

Ridgewood Ram62September 16, 2023 12:48PM

Re: Total BS...

roman1859September 16, 2023 01:11PM

Re: So, they make rule changes for player "safety", but cheap shots on film are ok?

oldschoolramfan42September 16, 2023 02:20PM

$22 grand....basically a jay walking ticket, per his salary......nm

Arkansas Ram35September 16, 2023 02:29PM

Re: Total BS...

Ridgewood Ram51September 16, 2023 02:24PM