Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Couple thoughts

September 15, 2023 10:06AM
Ram_Ruler
I think Williams is well on his way to possibly being the lead back, but I wonder if he's not best served at that role. Kind of reminds me of Darren Sproles. I like the way he compliments but I prefer having someone else as the lead back.

I think Tomlinson will see his way on the field at some point but I'm not so sure it will be in Kendrick's place anymore. When I rewatch the Seahawks game he looked a lot more comfortable in coverage than he did last year. The Rams clearly like him, which I'm still timid about. But if he plays like he played last week then he's easily the biggest corner on the team with long-term potential.

It seems obvious that the Rams want noteboom in the starting rotation. Whether or not that's just because of his salary or because, physically and athletically, he is a really good prospect. I think he would have to be awful to lose his spot.

Excellent reply, RR.

Here’s my take, though.

Williams has outplayed Akers, although it’s just one game. But results do matter, so unless Akers picks it up I think he’s vulnerable.

As to Tomlinson, I don’t see how Morris/Pleasant can keep him on the bench for very long. Kendrick had a pretty good game, better than I had expected, but Tomlinson seems to have a much higher ceiling, don’t you think? Sooooo…

As to Boom, there’s the ever present worry about injuries with him, plus run blocking is not his long suit. And McVay/LaFleur/Wendell seem to want to emphasize the running game this year. So I see Boom ultimately being a helluva swing tackle for Rams this year and think they’ll move him next offseason.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I could see Rams replacing 3 current starters before seasons end…

Rams43500September 15, 2023 09:34AM

Couple thoughts

Ram_Ruler178September 15, 2023 09:43AM

Rams43126September 15, 2023 10:06AM

Ram_Ruler82September 15, 2023 03:06PM

If Akers REALLY wants to be the man.....

Ramgator112September 15, 2023 10:10AM

Re: If Akers REALLY wants to be the man.....

Rams43102September 15, 2023 10:12AM

Re: I could see Rams replacing 3 current starters before seasons end…

joram66September 15, 2023 04:28PM

Killrazor63September 16, 2023 01:05AM

LMU9367September 16, 2023 06:05AM

mtramfan45September 16, 2023 08:00AM

David Deacon42September 16, 2023 06:48AM