Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TexasRam with a review of Rams OL vs Seahawks…

September 11, 2023 06:50PM
Here’s TexasRam…

I rewatched the game this morning carefully rewinding every snap about 15-20 times so I could see how each Olineman did. Here is what I saw, for what it is worth.

Jackson - Overall really solid, held his own. Let’s see how he does vs the Bosa’s of the world. He definitely has the feet and technique to play the position.

Avila- multiple pro bowls in his future. He is quick and powerful and uses excellent technique. Needs a few games to refine things. The speed of the NFL linebackers will take a minute for him to adjust to when they try to sneak through his zone. Our best lineman.

Shelton - I was highly impressed. He shows excellent quickness and awareness in pass pro. A bit better than Allen in my opinion.

Noteboom - decent pass protector. I saw him get knocked off balance at least 3 times but he didn’t give up the pressure those times. It just looked bad because the others don’t lose their balance like that. He also cannot lock on with his hands in run blocking. He can get the initial block and push but then gets shedded rather quickly. This don’t happen with Avila. He is quick in pass pro for a guard but lost his man a few times which created pressure. Overall he is going to be solid in my book. Just gets jolted a little much and will give up some pressure at times. I’ve seen worse.

Havenstein - #10 of Seattle got him two times. Once on a pure speed rush and then the other with a juke to get Havenstein leaning then speed rushing the other side of Rob. Otherwise Havenstein looked real quick to me compared to other seasons. He definitely had mastered his ability to protect the edge by getting back quickly and using his arm. Top speed can beat him at times otherwise he is very solid. His run blocking is always great by the way.

Overall the group work great together passing off rushers and double teaming.

After the SF game we will know more.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

TexasRam with a review of Rams OL vs Seahawks…

Rams43327September 11, 2023 06:50PM

I'm not sure we'll see Dotson

OzRam129September 11, 2023 08:47PM

Use him in a "Jumbo" set......

roman1869September 12, 2023 03:41AM

Re: TexasRam with a review of Rams OL vs Seahawks…

Old Goat94September 12, 2023 01:13AM

Re: TexasRam with a review of Rams OL vs Seahawks…

Ridgewood Ram68September 12, 2023 05:48AM