Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Look, I don't want this to be taken the wrong way...

September 11, 2023 09:46AM
because I am NOT implying in this reply that this year's Rams are comparable, on the same path, as the '99 Rams.... NOT my point, that is NOT even a glimmer of a thought in my mind.

Never the less... the last time I was this surprised by what I saw on the field from the Rams during an opening game was in '99.

I was watching the game with my son-in-law... ex-Raider fan now a Charger fan because his son, my grandson, is a Charger fan and in fact was in Sofi for the Charger game yesterday. He was watching the Rams game on my TV and the Charger game on his phone.

On their first drive I EARLY ON commented to my son-in-law - "I was not expecting this"... as they marched down the field, converting 1st downs, running the ball well and using a good mix of run vs pass. After they scored I was more or less at a loss for words... I didn't know what to think... could that have been 'luck'? Certainly didn't look like "luck"... looked like damned good football to me.

Mostly I was surprised by some of the runs. Without Kupp I figured Seattle would be all over the run. And it's not that the Rams had a lights out run game... did they even have 100yds combined rushing from our RB's? It's that they were effective... no home runs but solid gains improving down and situation.

And 3rd down conversions! I'm ashamed to admit this but several times during that game when they converted I could be heard saying, "Oh! Oh my gosh! They converted that... did you see that?".... commenting to my son-in-law but not really caring if he replied. laughing smiley

In summary... it looked like good football to me.. O and D. NOT luck.... not even poor play by Seattle but instead... good football both sides of the ball from the Rams!

HUGE test next week... and I KNOW it's going to be super tough.... but the Ram's are going into next week having played 'good football'. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

8 crazy stats from Rams' big win vs. Seahawks in Week 1

BerendsenRam288September 11, 2023 08:47AM

Re: 8 crazy stats from Rams' big win vs. Seahawks in Week 1

Shecky77September 11, 2023 09:12AM

stlramz55September 11, 2023 10:35AM

Shecky47September 11, 2023 10:41AM

BruceHolt41September 11, 2023 11:39AM

Carolina Ram33September 11, 2023 12:23PM

Rams4374September 11, 2023 09:16AM

Look, I don't want this to be taken the wrong way...

JamesJM68September 11, 2023 09:46AM