Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Article: Rams put Hunter Long on IR along with Cooper Kupp, activate Brett Maher

September 09, 2023 11:22AM
Rams put Hunter Long on IR along with Cooper Kupp, activate Brett Maher

By
Josh Alper

link

Published September 9, 2023 03:07 PM

Wide receiver Cooper Kupp isn’t the only Rams player headed to injured reserve on Saturday.

The Rams confirmed that Kupp is on the list with a hamstring injury and they also announced that tight end Hunter Long will miss at least the next four games. Long has a thigh injury and Rams head coach Sean McVay hinted this move was coming during his Friday press conference.

Long joined the Rams as part of the compensation the Dolphins sent to Los Angeles for cornerback Jalen Ramsey. Long appeared in 16 games for the Dolphins over the last two seasons.

The Rams elevated kicker Brett Maher and quarterback Brett Rypien from the practice squad while also signing linebacker Troy Reeder. Rypien will be Matthew Stafford’s backup against the Seahawks as rookie Stetson Bennett has been ruled out.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Kupp on IR

CROMWELL21229September 09, 2023 09:11AM

Here is Schefter... Attachments

Ramsdude131September 09, 2023 09:16AM

We all knew that was coming most likely as McVay mentioned the possibility

BerendsenRam35September 09, 2023 12:00PM

Re: Kupp on IR...not good news

Rams_7885September 09, 2023 09:18AM

Sure they can. Know why?

Ramsdude82September 09, 2023 09:25AM

Re: You know.....

Rams_7853September 09, 2023 11:34AM

Re: You know.....

Ramsdude36September 09, 2023 11:46AM

Article: Rams put Hunter Long on IR along with Cooper Kupp, activate Brett Maher

Ramsdude33September 09, 2023 11:22AM