Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Was Rochelle used correctly here?

August 29, 2023 12:08PM
stlramz
Which shows you the present limitations of using analytics to identify players. If I remember correctly, this guys numbers across all drills mimicked those of an elite QB (except his film didn't show it). So, in theory, you get the guy with the traits and you coach him up. The reality is, however, that the analytics can say anything except whether the guy can actually play in the NFL. That you find out after you draft them.

Bruss was unfortunate. Wisconsin lineman you usually money. But swings and misses aren't that uncommon with 3rd round picks and, if the Scout doesn't jump in the pool and he isn't hyped as much, the reality again is that many 3rd round picks miss.

I don't like that we whiffed on these picks but I do like that we are good at just admitting mistakes and moving on.

For that matter, was anyone on the defense used correctly so we could get a good idea of what they could do? Maybe they just weren't good at playing in a Prevent Defense???

With Bruss, I think the surprise is due to where he was drafted. Most people thought that would get him another year at least.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article: Rams release Logan Bruss, Robert Rochell and Tyler Johnson

BerendsenRam224August 29, 2023 11:28AM

Re: Article: Rams release Logan Bruss, Robert Rochell and Tyler Johnson

Rams4368August 29, 2023 11:32AM

Robert Rochell was an analytics play that didn't pan out

stlramz49August 29, 2023 11:55AM

Was Rochelle used correctly here?

Ramsdude27August 29, 2023 12:08PM