Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams have cut every player who recorded a sack in preseason…

August 29, 2023 10:47AM
LA Rams have cut every player who recorded a quarterback sack in preseason games

[ramblinfan.com]

Bret Stuter

You have to ask yourself the question sometimes exactly who is making these crazy roster decisions, don't you?

For a Rams roster that needed to acquire and coach up pass rushers, the Rams appear to be hellbent on going in the opposite direction. You see, the Rams managed just six quarterback sacks through three preseason games. The following Rams players got to the quarterback: OLB Keir Thomas (2.5), OLB Daniel Hardy (0.5), DT Marquise Copeland (1.0), DB Tanner Ingle (1.0), and DB Quindell Johnson (1.0). Now here's the kicker, and I truly recommend that you sit down for this.

The Rams have just cut everyone, and I truly mean everyone, who recorded a quarterback sack in preseason games. That's kind of back-asswards, isn't it? I mean, and please feel free to correct me if I am wrong here, isn't the idea of playing in and competing during NFL preseason games meant to reward the players who do well? And if the team is struggling at putting pressure on opposing quarterbacks, shouldn't the Rams carry at least one player who accomplished putting pressure on the opposing quarterback?

Some team will claim Thomas, and perhaps Hardy

If you witnessed what I saw in the LA Rams preseason games, you might have concluded that this team has no interest whatsoever in risking the loss of second-year pass rusher Daniel Hardy or his teammate, Keir Thomas.

Even now, as I scanned and debated over potential players who were cut who might upgrade the Rams roster, I expected the team to retain at a minimum OLB Keir Thomas. In fact, Thomas is the ideal player who I would have nominated for the LA Rams to claim off waivers. Unfortunately, the Rams cannot claim their own waived players.

And so, here we go again. Ultimately, the LA Rams front office can only acquire and add players to the Rams roster. Who stays and who plays on the Rams roster is up to the Rams coaching staff. In a year where one or two additional quarterback sacks could make the difference, the Rams have chosen to distance themselves from anyone who got close to the quarterback.

Make it make sense. Or better yet, keep me in the dark. Ignorance is bliss, and the less I know about this decision making process, the better chance I will have of making peace with it.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams have cut every player who recorded a sack in preseason…

Rams43149August 29, 2023 10:47AM

Does it really matter???

Ramsdude36August 29, 2023 11:55AM

Re: Rams have cut every player who recorded a sack in preseason…

Old Goat40August 29, 2023 12:10PM

Maybe this will explain it...

Ramsdude31August 29, 2023 12:15PM