Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This regime does have a history of starting the wrong OL

August 28, 2023 10:26AM
And weirdly it has occurred through different OL coaches. Demby was a ridiculous failure of evaluation, that Kromer continued to trot him out there to get destroyed. Boom at OG was another example of the same thing, as well as paying Boom though I don't blame them for doing that, it was understandable. Evans had a very small sample size of looking OK that seemed to carry him through many bad outings until the staff finally accepted he was not good enough. But it's the one position that has always seemed to be all over the map.

So really this thing with Anchrum is par for the course for them. It just feels like they have a consistent tendency to have favoritism that is not driven by on-field results.

But it is also possible there's a problem in Anchrum's game that we have not seen yet. It's not like Anchrum has faced opposing teams gameplanning for his weaknesses at this level yet. So not sure if this is going to be one of those Demby level situations or whether they're right to not trust in Anchrum.

I will say that I am glad to have Dotson added though. And still intrigued by the way that a guy who was talked up as a run stud pre-draft goes to a team that respects the run and somehow ends up developing better in his pass sets. Very strange. I am sure there's quite a story there if you were to get the Steelers' OL coach to tell it to you over a cold one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2023 10:27AM by merlin.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams PFF grades: Best and worst performers from 2023 preseason

BerendsenRam160August 28, 2023 08:33AM

I will say it again

LMU9396August 28, 2023 09:56AM

Re: I will say it again

BerendsenRam91August 28, 2023 09:58AM

This regime does have a history of starting the wrong OL

merlin61August 28, 2023 10:26AM

Re: I will say it again

fullcurl89August 28, 2023 12:40PM