Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it the "coverage" or the "punt" that is the issue?

August 23, 2023 06:08AM
Old Goat
If only we had the unit to cover his booming punts, we'd be set. I haven't seen such horrible coverage in a long while.
Remember when we had the best Special Teams Coach in the NFL? Seems like a lifetime ago.

Or is it both?

We are dealing with a ton of new starters on ST's this year along with a new ST coach too. I am thinking the issue is more with the "coverage" not being able to handle those long, deep punts and not the Punter.

How about we "coach up" our youngsters to cover those punts better instead of blaming the punter? beer cheer smiley

IMO, Coach Blackburn has his work cut out for him. If he can't get it done, he might not be here long.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2023 06:10AM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams rookie Ethan Evans has been one of best punters this preseason…

Rams4398August 23, 2023 05:29AM

Evans Is Going To Be Special.

den-the-coach44August 23, 2023 05:56AM

Re: Rams rookie Ethan Evans has been one of best punters this preseason…

Old Goat53August 23, 2023 06:03AM

Is it the "coverage" or the "punt" that is the issue?

Ramsdude44August 23, 2023 06:08AM

The guys currently on return coverage won't be there Game One

NewMexicoRam37August 23, 2023 06:32AM