Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well said Rock

August 22, 2023 01:00PM
RockRam
I guess people just don't pay attention.

McVay and Snead have made it clear for months...even pre-draft....that 2023 was a year of major re-adjustments and that while they would do their best to win, they were going to do it within parameters that are likely to produce many wins.

They KNOW they have a edge rusher problem, but the solution isn't going to be signing more edge rushers. It is going to be allowing their talent to develop.

Might they sign a pretty good vet edge rusher on the cheap? Who knows. But a cheap edge rusher will not likely improve things much.

It's not a secret to anyone including the Rams that they could use a quality Edge but have chose not to bring one in and are willing to roll with what they have.

It's the plan. It's been the plan since McVay agreed to come back as HC.

The defense is not the priority this year. Offense isn't either but it's more a point of focus than the D.

As Gator asked the other day" Will adding an Edge really matter"? The answer is no for many reasons. Bad scheme being one of them.

As JoeTb says ( link to JoeTb) about the defensive scheme by our "Genius" DC: "It's not gonna be good. It's just not. Even with GREAT players the scheme itself prevents itself from being a great defense".

I think that about sums it up pretty good IMO.

Maybe next year we add some pass rushers to the team? Adding a new DC might not be a bad idea either.

If we're going to rebuild and start "fresh", let's include Morris in that too. We can do better.

Maybe find someone who has proven they can develop young talent and also be able to come up with a scheme other than the Prevent to help them grow. Something Morris hasn't done.

With all our new "youth" a coach that can develop them and put them in the right positions is crucial to our rebuild. beer cheer smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2023 01:01PM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Preseason stats show it's time for the Rams to worry about their edge rushers

BerendsenRam126August 22, 2023 12:06PM

The Rams have known this since before Training Camp

RockRam69August 22, 2023 12:35PM

Well said Rock

Ramsdude52August 22, 2023 01:00PM

Re: The Rams have known this since before Training Camp

BerendsenRam54August 22, 2023 01:27PM