Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: True all of the above

August 12, 2023 03:58PM
Two random observations: The question whether the D is it sustainable plants a negative self-fulfilling prophesy in the mind of the reader. We know that no, it isn't. Now the writer's guild has something to jump on at every loss, and plenty of pots to stir about which coaches should be tarred and feathered, which players should be run out of town (or run over) on and on.

Next, expecting the defense to "sustain" at last year's level, sans Ramsey and Gaines to name two (Wagner was a one-year wonder, an outlier), is a pipedream beyond false expectations.

I expect the D to get scored against while new players learn, and to improve remarkably by season's end IF most everybody stays healthy.

I don't expect Morris to all-of-a-sudden become more "imaginative," as one board member repeatedly puts it, with lesser personnel to utilize. Yeah, those safety blitzes, in the absense of pressure from the edge, are sure fun to watch when they get home, but they sure make you look silly when the throw goes into the open grass they vacate - and an unattended wideout is there to take another to the house.

I do expect Morris to plan to the strengths of his young defensive backs - especially as cordinated with his new D back coach. I expect some "dawg work" from the youngsters on the D line, led by their coach and AD. I expect Jones to play exceptionally well in the middle.

This is a new year with new personnel (a lot) and hopefully, new expectations that match the reality of our situation.

Bottom line, there is nothing to sustain.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The answer is YES

JimYoungblood53307August 12, 2023 02:48PM

The Rams deals in 2021 weren't the only factor

NewMexicoRam66August 12, 2023 03:20PM

Re: True all of the above

mtramfan42August 12, 2023 03:58PM

Those are alway a factor...we can also knock ourselves

JimYoungblood5343August 12, 2023 04:06PM

Re: Those are alway a factor...we can also knock ourselves

Great Bordeni51August 12, 2023 04:39PM

Re: The answer is YES