Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Loved the article and McVay's attitude!

July 31, 2023 08:31AM
He seems truly up for this challenge and realizes some things need to change and this is the chance to do it. I love the below exert...

“I do think that we’re in position to attack an opportunity with some frickin’ balls about us,” McVay said. “Some stones where it’s like, ‘I’m not naïve to the narrative externally, but all I need to worry about is being the best coach of this team and not being afraid to go cut it loose and compete.’ Then pick ourselves back up and continue to do it and see what happens."

Is he talking about the defense here? Is it a reference about changing from the softest defensive scheme in the league to something that has "balls" or "stones" as he put it?

I also like how he includes himself right AFTER saying the "balls" and "stones" stuff leading me to believe he was referring to the defensive scheme but also including himself in the "narrative" and he's right. He needs to do better too.

McVay hasn't emphasized the run game enough and also could have been more creative at getting Tutu into the game plan. The kid has 4.3 speed and a good set of hands. You would think it would be easy to draw up some "stuff" for Tutu. I think McVay was more concerned about how to keep Kupp as the focal point than using the other talent on the bench.

Are we going to see a more "balls out" Defense AND Offense this year? This would be the perfect time to do it. It's basically a "free pass" as everyone knows we are rebuilding and expectations are low anyway.

How about we blitz more on defense?
How about we play the Charmin Shell less than 95% of the time?
How about we tighten up those 8-10 yard cushions?

How about we play more aggressive on Offense?
How about using Tutu more on jet sweeps and deep shots?
How about we start running the ball more letting our OL "attack" the DL?

I agree with McVay. I want to see a more "balls to the wall" approach on both sides of the ball and this is the yer to do it! beer cheer smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sean McVays outlook for 2023: ‘To attack an opportunity with some fricken’ balls’…

Rams43284July 31, 2023 07:55AM

Re: Sean McVays outlook for 2023: ‘To attack an opportunity with some fricken’ balls’…

BerendsenRam86July 31, 2023 08:07AM

Loved the article and McVay's attitude!

Ramsdude85July 31, 2023 08:31AM

Man! I HOPE to see........

Ramgator77July 31, 2023 08:46AM

It's time my friends!!!

Ramsdude66July 31, 2023 09:50AM

I'm tellin Mr Whipple!!!!!! nm

Ramgator56August 01, 2023 03:20AM

They should remake that commercial

Ramsdude50August 01, 2023 03:33AM

Re: I'm tellin Mr Whipple!!!!!! nm

BerendsenRam60August 01, 2023 07:09AM

Remember the commercial with Mr. Whipple's twin brother?

Ramsdude54August 01, 2023 09:02AM

Re: Loved the article and McVay's attitude!

BerendsenRam60July 31, 2023 09:26AM

I liked this article so much, I had to read it again!

Ramsdude50August 01, 2023 12:44PM

I think we found our new T-shirt slogan Attachments

Ramsdude48August 02, 2023 12:11PM