Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This will seem like heresy for some of the brethren…

July 28, 2023 10:46AM
Here’s my list in order for greatest Rams RB’s and why. So please bear with me.

It’s highly subjective and I want to make clear that I loved them all, in turn.

1. Marshall Faulk. What can I say? Superb runner, pass pro, pass receiver, blocker downfield, and even a coach on the field. The best of the best of the best. Plus there’s that ring.

2. Todd Gurley. What he accomplished when healthy set the bar. Fantastic runner, pass pro, pass receiver, and all around football smart player right up there with Faulk. Fair is fair, he’s my #2.

3. Steven Jackson. Cursed with playing on inferior teams throughout his career he nevertheless accomplished amazing things. Terrific runner with speed AND power, superior pass pro, gifted pass receiver, crushing blocker, and a will to win second to none. Never got the coaching and players around him that he richly deserved. Such a shame.

4. Eric Dickerson. Yeah, this is the stunner for some, I know. Absolutely amazing runner. But look at his annual All Pro OL and HC Robinson who emphasized the run while practically eschewing the forward pass. ED was not good in pass pro or pass receiving, either. And didn’t he have a tendency to fumble? I’m not claiming that he was a one trick pony, exactly, but still… I’m not thrilled with how he handled his contract negotiations, either. Helluva RB, emphasis ‘running’, but still a tick behind my top 3.

5. Lawrence McCutcheon. Loved him in the 70’s. Could do it all. But still a big step behind my top 4. Certainly no shame in that, btw.

Thoughts?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ranking the top 5 Rams RB’s of all time…

Rams43184July 28, 2023 07:30AM

Re: Ranking the top 5 Rams RB’s of all time…

JYB85July 28, 2023 09:43AM

JimYoungblood5378July 28, 2023 09:46AM

This will seem like heresy for some of the brethren…

Rams4381July 28, 2023 10:46AM

Marshall #1 without doubt

BC Ramsfan61July 29, 2023 03:09PM

Old Goat62July 28, 2023 11:10AM