Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A nice collection of offseason thoughts by Kupped…

July 21, 2023 03:31PM
Here’s Kupped…

Although it's not strictly a "Rams pod".. the play callers is fun and, I think, gives us some real insight into what the Rams will be doing next year, if you pay attention.
We know the Rams personnel on the Oline is beefier.. that's not an accident. Running the ball is back en vogue as the way to attack the current wave of defenses with lighter boxes and lighter linebackers.
Demoff was asked about what the Rams would be doing, point blank, on "The 11" podcast.. and, of course, didn't answer. But Whitworth, on the Playcallers, talked about what needed to be done in the near future on offense for all teams. He's as wired into the Rams as anyone.. and he talked about running the ball.

I just don't think it could be more clear... we're going to see a more varied run game.. more of it.. and more ability to run power than in recent years.
I do wonder what we end up seeing as the most used personnel grouping... namely.. who are the WRs getting most snaps besides Kupp?

Also.. one HUGE thing I think is illustrated...

McVay's not going anywhere for a while. I think he's figured out quite a few things about himself and his life.. and knows that he loves being a coach in the NFL. Managing how he approaches it and finding a better balance is the key.. but when I hear him talk, it's a guy with a different sense of himself.

As always, we'll see.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A nice collection of offseason thoughts by Kupped…

Rams43185July 21, 2023 03:31PM

Re: A nice collection of offseason thoughts by Kupped…

Shecky38July 22, 2023 01:56AM

Re: McVay 2023

leafnose42July 22, 2023 04:41AM

Running back in vogue?

Coy Bacon43July 22, 2023 05:25AM