Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Agreed Rock!

July 19, 2023 12:14PM
RockRam
Of course a "dual threat" can be a good thing...but isn't always.
But until the league becomes something other than a passing league, Passing the football will be the priority. There are darn few Mahommes and Wilsons in this world. Instead there's well more Brady's, Stafford's, Manning's, etc. History has proved that QBs that are dual threats have a far higher risk of regular injury and shortened careers.

So, it's not just a QBs ability to run around a bit (like Rogers), but rather his ability to be very judicial about it rather than it being a pretty major stat for him.

Passing the ball supremely well is what matters most until the rules change.

Well said Sir. beer cheer smiley

Give me a smart passer over a running QB every time and twice on Sundays. Dual threat QB's are fun to watch but generally don't last very long and also don't seem to win the big games as much as the pocket passers do.

Our only Super Bowl wins were with pure pocket passers.

Some mobility is a nice thing to have but not a "must have". Give me a smart pocket passing QB with a quick release and watch me win more Super Bowls! lol

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Should Rams target ‘dual threat’ with their next franchise quarterback?

BerendsenRam100July 19, 2023 10:24AM

Hopefully

JimYoungblood5355July 19, 2023 10:33AM

Re: Should Rams target ‘dual threat’ with their next franchise quarterback?

303042July 19, 2023 10:40AM

I won't say 10 cent brain but Anthony Richardson was very weak at reading defenses.

Ramgator41July 19, 2023 10:58AM

Nope. Passing excellence comes first.

RockRam48July 19, 2023 10:55AM

Agreed Rock!

Ramsdude34July 19, 2023 12:14PM