Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I’ll take a stab at it…

July 03, 2023 04:06PM
1. #3 WR will technically be a committee, but I predict that Nacua will earn the lions share because he’s the best equipped to be a 3-down WR and consequently the most deceptive which McVay treasures.

2. Boom is probably not the best option at LOT, even if he comes back 100% healthy from his injury. Nor is he a viable option at OG. Jackson will be starting LOT and Boom will be swing OT this season.

3. Imo, it’s 50-50 that Rams do sign a 2nd tier vet at OLB. If only for insurance purposes since this D is largely predicated on a good pass rush. I love the players drafted for this position, but a backup plan seems prudent.

4. Yes, an all-rookie ST group will work and that’s clearly Blackburn’s plan, but camp legs will surely be brought in until final cutdowns.

5. One of Hunter Long or Davis Allen will be #2 TE and I suspect that the winner will see significant snaps this year. Brycen Hopkins will either be #4 or not make the 53 at all because he simply did not take full advantage of his opportunities.

6. The DL rotation will sort itself out in camp and preseason games. Speculation about so many depth players in June is a fools errand. I do think our ultimate DL rotation players are already on the team.

7. Shelton will almost certainly be our starting C and Allen will be his backup this year. Allen will probably be gone next year, though. OC in 2024 could be either Avila or a drafted Center, either way an upgrade over Shelton.

8. As to starting CB’s? I will say this. I think our ‘starters’ are already on the team so there’s no need to go outside beyond the already signed Witherspoon. But, like DL, the rotation will sort itself out during camp and preseason games. Durant is a lock, I think, and I don’t see how Rams can keep Tomlinson on the bench but beyond that, who knows? Pleasant will make the call and I trust him to make the right ones. I’m hopeful that Pleasant can salvage Rochell’s career, Witherspoon seems like a good signing, and everybody seems to like Jolly’s promise. Kendrick? Let’s just say that he’ll have to win me over.

So, how did I do? Lol.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

8 questions the Rams must answer this summer

BerendsenRam223July 03, 2023 10:07AM

Someone tell DaSilva P Ethan Evans was drafted.

den-the-coach165July 03, 2023 10:31AM

Just a mistake

JimYoungblood5393July 03, 2023 01:34PM

Re: 8 questions the Rams must answer this summer

Rams4375July 03, 2023 03:23PM

I’ll take a stab at it…

Rams4389July 03, 2023 04:06PM