Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Agree with some of that 93

July 03, 2023 01:13PM
LMU93
The combination of McVay and Morris are along the best HC/OC/DC combos in the league.

Add in the return of Pleasant, adding Jimmy Lake and Ryan Wendell- all positives. And I think LaFleur will be an upgrade from 2022. If Blackburn can come through on special teams it really could be an excellent staff overall.

And it's especially needed this year given the coaching up that rookies and 2nd year players are going to need.

I also like the additions of Lake and Pleasant to the defensive staff. IMO, there was a reason they were brought in. Morris needed help and his staff needed upgrading and McVay saw that and made the changes. I don't think it was Morris who wanted to fire his assistants.

McVay is 100% a Top 5 HC but Morris is a Bottom 10-15 DC. I can't say that McVay/Morris are among the best combos due to Morris ranking so low. Morris's low ranking effects the overall rating IMO.

IMO, Morris is getting a lot of credit for things that McVay has accomplished. Morris is "successful by association", IMO, not because of anything he did specifically on his own.

Our D was loaded with stars including SEVERAL HOF'ers. I am sure there were several other DC's that could have done just as good or better than Morris did.

Apparently the rest of the NFL sees it that way too or else Morris would have gotten a HC gig right after the Super Bowl when his stock was at it's highest. IMO, there is a reason for Morris not being offered a job in the last 14 YEARS! lol

I am STILL waiting on any of Morris's fans to explain why in 14 years he hasn't received more than 1-2 interviews. For some reason nobody seems to want to answer that.

I guess I'll have to keep waiting! lol3

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2023 01:54PM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

2023 will reveal whether it’s coaching or talent that gives LA Rams their edge…

Rams43138July 03, 2023 05:25AM

One would think that good coaching....

roman1865July 03, 2023 06:16AM

coaching is one of their pluses for 2023

LMU9357July 03, 2023 06:35AM

Re: IMHO....I think the Rams are going to surprise the NFL this year.

oldschoolramfan67July 03, 2023 07:05AM

Re: coaching is one of their pluses for 2023

Rams4383July 03, 2023 07:15AM

Agree with some of that 93

Ramsdude52July 03, 2023 01:13PM

All things considered, I thought McVay and Co did well last season.

Ramgator57July 03, 2023 06:19AM