Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Article: Lions unveil new blue helmet

June 21, 2023 07:54AM
Interesting design. "Honolulu Blue"? lol At least it's just an "alternate" but I kinda like it. I think that is their Logo from 1961 or something. A "tribute" to their history.

Makes me wonder what our new alternate helmet will look like.

Lions unveil new blue helmet
link

The Lions have an alternate helmet. It’s very retro, but it’s not a throwback.

They’ve unveiled a Honolulu Blue helmet with a logo that seems to be inspired by the logo used by the classic Ford Mustang, with a silver lion profile in front of a pair of vertical bars, one blue and one silver.

The team explains the logo was designed to celebrate the team’s 90th season, and that the “classic logo” pays tribute to the team’s heritage. It will have a matte gray face mask and be worn only with the team’s all-gray alternate uniform.

It’s different. It’s new. It will be an acquired taste that many will simply refuse to acquire.

It’s the first time in decades, if ever, that the Lions opted for something other than a silver helmet. Which, given the team’s chronic struggles, could be a good thing. Sort of like Costanza doing the opposite after realizing that everything he has ever done hasn’t worked.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article: Lions unveil new blue helmet

Ramsdude325June 21, 2023 07:54AM

Re: Article: Lions unveil new blue helmet

BerendsenRam79June 21, 2023 07:57AM

IDK

den-the-coach91June 21, 2023 08:03AM

I think I thought I read

IowaRam90June 21, 2023 08:05AM

Re: Article: Lions unveil new blue helmet

MamaRAMa97June 21, 2023 09:29AM

Be patient MamaRAMa

Ramsdude90June 21, 2023 09:51AM

As classic of a logo as you'll ever get

IowaRam96June 21, 2023 01:02PM

Re: As classic of a logo as you'll ever get

MamaRAMa93June 21, 2023 01:06PM

I like that one or even the one from St Louis days. My favorite "RAMS" font..

Ramgator80June 22, 2023 07:57AM

This guarantees them a Conf. Championship

Coy Bacon67June 21, 2023 06:00PM