Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can you beat HC McVay in naming impressive rookies for 2023?

June 14, 2023 05:50PM
Can you beat LA Rams HC McVay in naming your top rookies for 2023?

[ramblinfan.com]

Bret Stuter

From the moment that the LA Rams committed to rebuilding/remodeling/restocking the Rams roster with more than half of the players as rookies, there has been the uneasy anxious interest of fans over the big question: "Who will standout from this rookie class?"

Comments from LA Rams HC Sean McVay begin at the 7:10 mark in the video found at this link. What type of comments? Well, the video is Coach McCay discussing the offseason workouts and his impression of the rookies on the Rams roster to date. So when pressed to name some of the brightest performers on the team so far, McVay responded with this praise of four players:

"I think overall I’ve been really pleased with the class in genera. I think when you look on the offensive side of the ball, Puka Nacua is a guy that’s definitely stood out. I’ve been really pleased with Steve Avila. He’s obviously incredibly talented and gifted but been able to move him from left to right. I think he’s picking things up quickly."

"Another guy like a Mike McAllister has played a lot of snaps up front and he’s done a really nice job on the offensive line being able to move around. I think Kobie Turner on the defensive side of the ball, he’s done an amazing job. I’ve really been impressed with just his professionalism. He shines. His relentless effort to the football and then being able to just understand the nuances of what we’re asking of him. Those are some guys that have really stood out from that rookie class.”

If you want to check out the video for yourself, you can check it out below:

So lets revisit Coach McVay's list of rookies who have impressed him the most:

So do you believe Coach McVay? Are these the four rookies who stand out for you? Do you notice the offensive bias in his list? Well, let's test our own skills at identifying those rookie 'breakout' stars, shall we?

Of course, some will take the cheap and obvious approach of naming special team players in their list. While that seems to thwart the spirit of this contest, I'll allow it. But my list will not adopt any chicanery to list four rookies who could be big deals for the LA Rams this season. In fact, I will handicap myself and avoid any player named already by Coach McVay. So with that all set, let's get to my Top-4 Rams rookies who will make the biggest impact this season. And they are:

While I believe that at least one undrafted defensive back will surprise a few folks, I haven't seen enough evidence yet to make that case. And the Rams have plenty of offseason training between today and the start of the season, which could open the door for younger players to step up in case of injuries or poor performances.

But I'll go with my four for now. Who do you like to be the Top-4 Rams rookies in 2023? Let us know in the comments section on our Facebook page, found here.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Can you beat HC McVay in naming impressive rookies for 2023?

Rams43152June 14, 2023 05:50PM

Re: Can you beat HC McVay in naming impressive rookies for 2023?

BerendsenRam75June 14, 2023 06:02PM