Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Could just be hubris but one expectation I have with the Panthers

May 19, 2023 11:15AM
Is that Corral is going to make noise in their camp.

So to begin I fully acknowledge some of this expectation is an outgrowth of my take on this guy from when he came out. Simply put I loved his film and this may be my hubris speaking, my wanting to be right about him. He ran a weird system, but they had him making successions of reads in very quick time and he demonstrated quick decision making. Plus he's a Favre type personality, which to me is a huge benefit at the QB position. Type of guy who parties with the linemen. I think way too many signal callers going into the NFL lack the cajones to do the job but this guy won't.

Also Corral was exposed to the Packers WCO tree under his OC last year. So he knows the jargon, which puts him ahead of their prize #1 draft pick. I know Young is a brilliant dude, he has to be to do what he did at his size. But he's still got to learn the jargon and the offense and the checks at the line for protections as well as the play reads for the pass options. It's a lot for a rook.

And right now they have Andy Dalton slated as starter. So if Corral comes into camp knowing the offense, which he should by now with no problems, and if he is healthy with that foot, which is really the biggest question here, I think there is a real chance he surprises and ends up starting at some point for Carolina.

I mean Frank Reich is a nice guy and I know he wants to set the guy he chose in the draft up for success and all that. But at some point as a coach your butt's on the line as he is well aware, so he doesn't have the option to look a gift horse in the mouth at the QB position.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Panthers taking ideas from Sean McVay's scheme for Bryce Young-led offense

BerendsenRam104May 19, 2023 10:15AM

Could just be hubris but one expectation I have with the Panthers

merlin45May 19, 2023 11:15AM