Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Report: Super Bowl LX is expected to be awarded to San Francisco

May 19, 2023 05:05AM
So how cool would be for us to win our next SB in the whiners own stadium and then run it back the next year in Sofi??? beer cheer smiley

Report: Super Bowl LX is expected to be awarded to San Franciscolink

It’s not official yet, but it reportedly will be soon.

During next week’s meeting in Minneapolis, owners are expected to award Super Bowl LX to Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, reports Ben Fischer of Sports Business Journal. The game will be played in February 2026, and it will be televised by NBC.

Last month, Rams COO Kevin Demoff said SoFi Stadium will pursue Super Bowl LXI in early 2027, clearing the way for Levi’s Stadium to secure the game.

Levi’s Stadium hosted Super Bowl 50. At the time, it was expected to be a one-time quid pro quo in return for the building of the stadium. San Francisco and Santa Clara were not expected to enter the loose Super Bowl rotation.

Aiding the effort to return the game to San Francisco is the fact that other major venues, such as SoFi Stadium, will be hosting World Cup events in 2026, prompting them to pass on pursuing that year’s Super Bowl.

Super Bowl LXIII will be played in Las Vegas, and Super Bowl LIX will be played in New Orleans.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Report: Super Bowl LX is expected to be awarded to San Francisco

Ramsdude83May 19, 2023 05:05AM

I actually like it. Always great seeing the big game under SUN LIGHT and open sky.

Ramgator36May 19, 2023 06:00AM

Re: I actually like it. Always great seeing the big game under SUN LIGHT and open sky.

Ohiorams48May 19, 2023 06:22AM

Except it is in SF, good chance it will be raining in February ...

Rampage2K-36May 19, 2023 06:23AM

Nah. A fan that REALLY cares about either of the teams will sit on rocks to be there.

Ramgator31May 19, 2023 07:53AM

Re: Nah. A fan that REALLY cares about either of the teams will sit on rocks to be there.

Ramsdude32May 19, 2023 08:19AM