Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Modified Depth Chart thoughts from Montana

May 02, 2023 07:32PM
Thanks JY53.

Things I'dlike to see with this preliminary depth chart, based on current personnel, w/o thinking ahead to trades or FA:

Zach Evans moves up fast from #3 to #1 RB, making Akers unneccessary. Keep Williams, plus the best of Rivers, T. Evans. Akers is gone as soon as he can be replaced. Do what gets us some bucks, if we can, in return. Above my pay grade so I won't speculate.

Stiff competiton at RG betw. Bruss vs. Shelton. May the better man start - and that implies that Bruss will need to be muscled up, studied up, and amped up to reach his pre-draft hype.

An IF/THEN scenario: Competition between Allen and Shelton at center; hopefully Allen's recovery from knee bugaboos will be complete and he can return to playoff/Super Bowl form. He has rapport with Stafford, and makes line calls well. He's a better anchor at center than Shelton, and will be aided in that capacity with beef on both sides IF both Bruss and Avila both come though.

At LG, plug in Avila and let him play, period. Let him gain experience with each snap, and be well prepared for playoffs. He reminds me in his anchor, fluidity, and hand use of Hutchinson, who played in Seattle a few years ago.

Receiver groupings look promising, intriguing. With time to work with Stafford I'm not worried. Make every player on the final roster EARN their spot - no gimmies because of draft position. If X. Smith can return, cut Tutu loose and elevate another young wideout with more utility value - IF one emerges. Van, is some youngster closing behind you? One who is at least a little bit more competitive for contested balls? Hmmm...Is the team somehow richer without you?

Tackles? Other than Havs at RT, like Sergeant Schultz (Hogan's Heroes) "I know nottingk!" Too many moving pieces to consider as I'm not that sure of Noteboom as a starter.

I'm done for the night. Didn't pull a calf or have a heifer step on me; I'm glad it was only abdominal surgery - but I'm feeling ugly and need my beauty sleep. I might look at the D chart tomorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2023 07:36PM by mtramfan.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Modified Depth Chart Attachments

JimYoungblood53561May 02, 2023 04:22PM

Re: Modified Depth Chart

The_Zone154May 02, 2023 06:10PM

Agree--I only made changes on Dline and KR

JimYoungblood53102May 02, 2023 06:32PM

BerendsenRam48May 04, 2023 07:23PM

Ridgewood Ram119May 02, 2023 06:53PM

If I were to guess Square will be behind Jones and