Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Character...from the article you link:

April 30, 2023 02:43PM
"... Evans has a 3.75 GPA. He has been praised for his academic excellence and his positive impact at TCU and the local community there. TCU Head Coach, Garry Patterson, told Bruce Feldman that, “It’s crazy with his talent and skill level, and it helps when you have a guy like that who is also one of your hardest workers, too.”

After a rough few months in late 2019, Evans has become an outstanding college STUDENT athlete. He may have been on the receiving end of some bad publicity... we are proud of Zach Evans and we look forward to cheering him on this coming season at TCU!"

I'll take it. By all appearances Evans is not a me-first primadonna. We already have one of those in the RB room.

I'll give him a pass on the cell phone story in which he refused to give up his cell phone, argued vehemently to keep it, and was disciplined accordingly. We don't know the back-story: family or personal emergency situation he had to keep track of? Article doesn't say. Given other chracter attributes I'd lean away from believing it was a whiny-assed brat vs. mean old authority figure moment. Probably more to it than we know, and by ityself, not a biggie.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams’ 6th round selection of RB Zach Evans praised as ‘draft steal’

BerendsenRam227April 30, 2023 01:42PM

Article from HS/TCU Days

stlramz104April 30, 2023 02:06PM

Character...from the article you link:

mtramfan73April 30, 2023 02:43PM