Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: They had more needs than picks

April 30, 2023 11:31AM
mtramfan
I like what you say here:

"I think there could have been other ways to go that give us a better front overall on defense. But it's easy to criticize and hindsight them. Right now our secondary is weak and it's gonna remain that way. We're gonna be relying on guys to step up like Rochell. Our safeties are middling at best, but weak is probably a better description."

I'd like to add, if the rush gets home this year our DB's will all-of-a-sudden look better. If Kendrick doesn't have to maintain coverage for more than three seconds it will mask his lack of speed, for instance. Durant will break out in his second year with an improved rush. Tomlinson? Who knows? Could be a lightning bug in a bottle.

Same if our safeties return to health and have less time where they need to cover.

No doubt. And our recent title demonstrates the fact the rush is more important than the secondary.

Been looking at the roster this a.m. and it feels like Rochell is gonna have every chance to step up outside the hash. If that were to happen then we'd be in business. But we're definitely weak out there and will be very small most likely with Durant and Tomlinson outside the hash.

Tomlinson is best served in the slot but Kendrick is as well. I figure Tomlinson will end up outside because he's spunky too but has what Kendrick doesn't which is wheels. But if Rochell steps up on the outside then we look a ton better. It's gonna be the top thing to track in camp either way, that and safety though safety probably will be boring with Fuller on one side and Yeast vs Everyone for the other.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The LA Rams simply did not draft enough DB’s…

Rams43321April 30, 2023 10:18AM

Disagree, and for several reasons…

Rams43173April 30, 2023 10:25AM

I like your point #5, 43

mtramfan97April 30, 2023 10:50AM

Easier to find a cheap vet DB than Edge

headslapper96April 30, 2023 10:56AM

I'm with you, 43

NewMexicoRam64April 30, 2023 11:06AM

They had more needs than picks

merlin115April 30, 2023 10:41AM

Re: They had more needs than picks